Sephora 2006 Spring Catalog

user3

For those that didn't see it yet or didn't get one
http://www.sephora.com/catalog/index...5VI1LAUCJABXCQ

Does anyone else feel that Sephora is losing the edge on their looks. Usually when Lucky (ma who does almost all the catalog looks) does the looks I am in love but lately I am just not feelin' it.
This one with the masters is really turning me off. The LORAC and Dior looks really just did not hit my love button. You'd think the "masters" would do a better job.

The whole catalog only gave me one lemming. Usually I have so many I don't know what I am going to order next!

Thoughts?

oh the lemming is Tarte cloud 9 cheek stain.

karen

ha!
that's the only thing I wanted out of the catalog, too.
You're right, it was very "ehh".

litlaur

They're nice looks, but kind of blah.

Lemmings:
Shower filter - http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C13050

I live in a hard water area and it drives my skin crazy. I can't afford a water softener, or put one in anyway, so this would be heavenly.

Stila High Shine Lipcolor in Michaela, Ariel and Louise

Nars e/s in Party Monster

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils - I'm curious to see how these compare to Fluidlines. Supposedly they stay blendable for 30 seconds.

Murad Lighten and Brighten Eye Treatment - This also sounds promising, but I won't get it until I run out of the gel I'm currently using.

Philosophy Melon Daiquiri Lib Shine, 3-in-1, and Waffle Cone 3-in-1

Sephora Eyebrow Trimmer/Brush

Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx AM/PM Repair

mel0622

yeah they are blah. nothing really catches my eye. i've had my eye on the anastasia eye brow kit, the place where i get my eyebrows done uses this stuff. i always feel better when i get my eyebrows done there. haha.

karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
Waffle Cone 3-in-1

I bought that a few weeks ago.. it's wonderful! I definitely recommend it.
smiles.gif

moonrevel

The only thing in there I want that I don't already have is that Too Faced Glamour Gloss. It's gimmicky packaging, so I must have it!

Locke

ITA! None of the looks blew me away. I did appreciate seeing them tone down the cover look at the end of the catalogue to an everyday look that us non-couture-fashion-shoot-folks can pull off. But at this point, haven't we all seen the blue e/s/liner on the bottom lid? Not very cutting-edge IMO.
th_confused_new.gif

Isis

I love the model on the front cover, but I agree, the other looks are pretty uninspiring.
I did see a few things that I'd like though:

Make Up Forever Eyeliner Pencil Turquoise 7L
Benefit Dallas
Tarte Cloud 9
Too Faced Sex Kitten palette

shriekingviolet

Agreed! With the exception of the Fall '05, I haven't really liked the catalogue looks in at least a year. There was one or two interesting look in the Summer '05 catalog, but overall it was fairly blah. I hate it when catalogues show very understated or natural looking looks because it doesnt really showcase the make up, which seems to be the point of a catalogue. Most of the time with those looks, you can recreate the looks without much effort with stuff you already have, and they don't give you any new ideas. I mean, I don't think all of their looks should be runway-complicated, but who doesn't look to fashion/beauty magazines and catalogues for new ideas? It's a disappointment when you look through the pages and it feels like the same old, same old.

jackie

I agree completely. In the Christmas/Winter catalog I wanted like everything in it. This one, not so much. I hate the Dior and BE looks, the cover look is pretty but they don't really tell you what cheek color they used adn that's what I like, and Stila is pretty, but not for my coloring. I was disappointed.

Bunny77

Glad I saw this thread.

I was extremely angered by the near-absence of women of color in this catalog. One model looked as if she might be Hispanic or a black-white mix, but as a woman of color, I could not believe that there were no tips geared toward darker women. There were some darker foundations shown on their own, but I would have liked to see a dark-skinned model showing off some of the looks these so-called "masters" had to offer.

(And while we're at it, were there no "masters" available that were of a descent other than European????)

I wrote Sephora a letter of complaint about both things.

aziajs

Does the blue in the LORAC Pink Python pallette look a little Parrot-esque to anyone? Or maybe Shimmermoss?

P133504_hero.jpg

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Does the blue in the LORAC Pink Python pallette look a little Parrot-esque to anyone? Or maybe Shimmermoss?

P133504_hero.jpg

If you want a parrot lookalike that is almost dead on Cargo Agean is perfect. The South Beach color in the above Lorac quad to me seems to be a mix of parrot and shimmermoss. Also note that while LORAC has lovely soft blendable shadows the pigment is not as deep in that color compared to parrot.

lokailyve

I agree, the majority of the looks from this catalog are uninspiring and the featured products were not so great themselves. :\