Sephora coming back to the UK?

as_cute_as_pie

Have Sephora been reading Kiss and Makeup? Last night PJ at A Touch of Blusher alerted me to some very exciting news - Sephora might be coming back to the UK!

Apparently the firm are in talks with M&S about having Sephora shop-in-shops in their stores. This partnership strikes me as a little odd, but apparently it's based on the Sephora shop-in-shops in JC Penney in the US.

Retail Week reports that if the venture was to go ahead, 10 Sephora outlets would opened in M&S stores, followed by a further 100 if it went well. However, both M&S and Sephora declined to comment on the matter.

Although I'm still not convinced about the compatibility of Sephora and Marks and Spencer (not so similar target audiences, surely?) you can bet I'd be hot-footing it to the store if this partnership did go ahead (which is the whole point, I suppose).

So don't forget to sign our petition and join the Facebook group if you haven't already, this could actually happen!

Kiss And Makeup: Sephora to return to the UK?

fingers crossed
th_wiggle2.gif
yahoo.gif

further information..

Marks & Spencer in talks over Sephora shop-in-shops

browneyedbaby

Hmm, I can't see that coming off at all. M&S are all about the brand.

I'd love to see Sephora back again though!

Girl about town

ooooh i hope so i'd love a sephora in the uk, not sure about the marks ans spencer thing , but even online would be good x

MsCocoa

I agree, I can't see it working in M&S even if they had a spot in department store it would be better; why not just bring back a store? Then I can have my midnight traincase!

as_cute_as_pie

im on the fence about this as from recent adverts (Lily Cole for Spring/Summer) M+S is definately tryin to move away from the image it has and most people see it as excluding the food (clothing more for the 40+ woman/man)
but then again to me M+S isnt a department store my definition of a department store is a big shop filled with concessions aswell as own brands
thats why it would be better off i think moving into a department store which already has a cosmetics hall
smiles.gif

JoeyEmma

They do have electrical concessions in their stores that sell branded goods, not just M&S stuff. It'd be interesting to see how this pans out.

Jot

The more fab make up places the better. The M&S where is live is fantastic anyway so it would be a great addition x