Shade recommendation for Anastasia dip brow and brow wiz - Auburn hair

nichola222

Hi everyone.. So after trying the benefit Brownings and having a reaction, im thinking of trying either the brow wiz or dip brow by Anastacia, the only problem is im in the uk and have to guess shades :( Im pale with freckles and AUBURN hair .. Has anyone any suggestions of shades to pick, especially for the dipbrow? Also do the shades in both products change, say for example is the auburn in the brow wiz different to the auburn in the dip brow? Any suggestions wud be great :) Thanks

JulieDiva

Hello

I have similar coloured hair...mine is slightly deeper and I use the shade Chocolate brown in dip brow. it has a warm, slight reddish base, and my eyebrows are naturally very deep anyways. The brow wiz is not as concentrated I find, and I prefer the dip brow pot. My skin is light and my eyes are green.

nichola222

Hi Julie

Thanks for replying, ive been looking at swatches online and the chocolate looks a little darker than auburn, my eyebrows are very sparse and light in colour.

I dont want anything that looks too orange
icon_eek.gif
but im thinking the Auburn shade in the dip brow might work (its so hard to tell when i cant test them!)

starletta8

Hi Julie

Thanks for replying, ive been looking at swatches online and the chocolate looks a little darker than auburn, my eyebrows are very sparse and light in colour.

I dont want anything that looks too orange
icon_eek.gif
but im thinking the Auburn shade in the dip brow might work (its so hard to tell when i cant test them!)

I had hair that was a cousin to yours for awhile, and I used ABH Brow Duo in Caramel (particularly the left, reddish shade). I found Auburn to be way too dark for me- and I'm super pale (NW15/NARS Mont Blanc/Burberry 02). Caramel looked far more natural against my light skin without being harsh. I have naturally blond brows (natural hair is darkest blond/lightest brunette depending on who you ask) and needed to add red without pulling the color too dark to avoid the 90s-style brows style.

I'd recommend Dipbrow in Caramel if you want the reddish tint, Soft Brown if not (Although it may run a bit cool). I'm headed to Sephora later; I'll see if they have testers to look at in all of the shades (reds are hard to find).

nichola222

I had hair that was a cousin to yours for awhile, and I used ABH Brow Duo in Caramel (particularly the left, reddish shade). I found Auburn to be way too dark for me- and I'm super pale (NW15/NARS Mont Blanc/Burberry 02). Caramel looked far more natural against my light skin without being harsh. I have naturally blond brows (natural hair is darkest blond/lightest brunette depending on who you ask) and needed to add red without pulling the color too dark to avoid the 90s-style brows style. I'd recommend Dipbrow in Caramel if you want the reddish tint, Soft Brown if not (Although it may run a bit cool). I'm headed to Sephora later; I'll see if they have testers to look at in all of the shades (reds are hard to find).
hi Did you find the auburn too dark in the brow powder duo or the dip brow? I'm so confused .. Looking at images of people that are red heads and pale with the caramel dip brow, I think it looks quite orangey which I don't want. I wish I could just pop to sephora to swatch them, Ireland needs to get one ! You're right they are hard. I'd prefer something more brown with a tiny bit of red but not too dark. Having never used the dip brow do you think it's possible to make the auburn shade work by lightly applying?