Shopping in San Fran...

j_absinthe

Hey people,

So I'm going to Cali in late February, and I'm looking to do a bit of shopping while I'm out there.

Will I be hitting up the PRO store out there? You best believe it.

However, I'm also looking for any cool stores or shops out there that I can pick up some new threads at (ew, I sound like a hippy.)

Unisex or men's stores preferably; I tend to have a bit of an edge when dressing, so anything to suit that would be awesome. Thrift stores are always a plus too.

lainz

you also HAVE to go shopping on haight street. you HAVE to.
smiles.gif

blahblah03

I highly reccomend Haight St. very awesome urban type clothing, and others you can choose from :) you can take the embarcadero to it if you dont want to drive.

j_absinthe

Holy crap, I'm definently going to have to work my way up and down Haight-Ashbury.

Shit, will 300 bucks be enough?! lol.

baby_love

Haight St. is overrated IMO, but they have a lot of good thrift stores, Wasteland and Aardvarks are pretty good. Also, American Apparel. They have one on Union St as well as Haight St. It's good for really basic stuff, as well as really cute dresses. Most of the stuff is unisex (except for the dresses and bikini's of course)

Villans, Villans vault and Villans shoes are all amazing stores. Villans is good for cute stuff and the shoe store has Vans and Converse and other cute shoes, and across the street is VIllans Vault which has nice designer stuff.

Ambiance is a nice store on Union st (where the pro store is) it's actually pretty much across the street from it. And next to Sephora on Union is a Ralph Lauren store where they have a lot of cute stuff for men and women. I saw a pair of suspenders there that I would totally wear if I wasn't too shy lol. I think for shopping Union St and Haight St are the best. Union Square is OK but it's basically the same stuff that you would find in a mall, except for it's all spread out. Parking is really horrible at all three places, there are garages but they cost a butt load.

I live in SF and go shopping all the time, so I hope that helped you some.

xsnowwhite

yeess definitley haight ashbury area! Its amazing! Also china town is really fun and union street is walways good

amoona

Like it was said before, Haight St. is SOOOO overrated and sooo over freakin priced. Castro also has some good shopping but it's also over priced haha. Are you only stayin in the city? There's some good shopping outside of the city but if you're only stayin in the city there's also good stuff.

Downtown is an obvious, it's the only city where you have all the major department stores right there. Don't ignore all the lil small boutiques around Union Square.

baby_love

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Like it was said before, Haight St. is SOOOO overrated and sooo over freakin priced. Castro also has some good shopping but it's also over priced haha. Are you only stayin in the city? There's some good shopping outside of the city but if you're only stayin in the city there's also good stuff.

Downtown is an obvious, it's the only city where you have all the major department stores right there. Don't ignore all the lil small boutiques around Union Square.

I guess you're right about downtown/union square...you have Sacks 5th ave, Neiman Marcus, Nordies, Bloomies and Macys (I might be missing one)..all in a reletively short walk of each other.

I can seriously walk to the Castro from where I live (just up Market st.) and I love it there, but I never do any real shopping.

OH DUHH I forgot about Filmore st! they have a MAC store, a Shu Umera store and a Benefit store. Plus there are such cool clothing stores there as well. San Francisco isn't THAT big of a city so you could deffo hit up Union St and Haight St on the same day, and maybe even Filmore st as well. I would save Union Square for another day because it has a lot of stores PLUS a huge mall, you need a full day for it lol. parking is a pain so I suggest taking a cab, or Muni to each of the places.

I'm really excited for you! let us know how your trip goes!!

Lil_D

I just recently went to San Fran I recommend going to Market St they have the Mall and its HUGE they got some really cool shops my favorite there was Zara and they have urban stores as well I'm still new to this area but I hope I helped. :0) You should check the Alcatraz Prison Museum.

baby_love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_D
I just recently went to San Fran I recommend going to Market St they have the Mall and its HUGE they got some really cool shops my favorite there was Zara and they have urban stores as well I'm still new to this area but I hope I helped. :0) You should check the Alcatraz Prison Museum.

ok weird, I was just going to suggest she look up a Zara because I went to one in South Beach and LOVED IT..and I'm wearing my Zara shirt today! YES go to Zara! it has mens and womens and is really cool and not too expensive!!

j_absinthe

Thank you so much, all. I looked up the shops in and around Haight, and there are definently some places I'll be trying to hit up. I'm not looking to break myself-visiting the PRO store certainly will not help in that-but these are all really helpful.

I'm staying in an apartment by Folsom and some other street.