Should I get bangs?

Shadowy Lady

Hey guys,

I'm super bored with my hair. Right now I'm happy with the colour and want to do some re-touching. My hair is naturally chocolate brown but I dye it a darker brown with red/purple base. I'm thinking about cutting bangs. I had bangs all the time growing up but stopped when I was 18. Then once again 3 years ago I had bangs. I have medium skin (about NW30, just a lil lighter) if that matters.

Here's a picture of me with bangs three years ago:
me-1.jpg

And here's a picture of me now:
IMG_7281.jpg

Should I or should I not get bangs? Some ppl tell me bangs make me look like a kid and some like them on me. I'm very confused, help!

gildedangel

I like the bangs! If you don't like the way your bangs were three years ago, you could get a different style of bang like a side-swept bang!

Half N Half

I say go for the bangs. You might even want to try a side swept bang. I think that would be really cute & I find it flattering on pretty much everyone.

chiquilla_loca

you look great with bangs!
when i was younger i would cut my own bangs and curl them under, i haven't had bangs for about 4yrs!

nina_k

Get the bangs
smiles.gif
but if your hair's naturally curly/wavy it might be too much upkeep to straighten it? It does make you look younger, but not like a teenager lol

Melon

Wow, you look really cute with bangs, from the older picture!

Bangs CAN be high-maintenance, depending on the cut. Do you normally straighten/style them when you had them in the past? For your face shape, the fringe you had looks really good on you and makes you look more youthful, but still very polished.

Anyway, the main reason why I think you should get bangs again is because I noticed that you have quite a bit of those baby hairs along your hairline. Don't worry - I have them too! And sometimes they really bother me because they're too short, and it's hard to control them
ssad.gif
I get really self-conscious about it because my forehead is kind of hairy if you look really close, lol. But it's not that noticeable unless I point them out. I have a lot of really-fine hair, and sometimes I tweeze them. When got my bangs cut to a slight fringe, it really helped hide them.

Honestly, I think the bangs look really good on you. Likes I said, it depends on the cut. I think you would also look great with side-swept bangs. Just make sure that it's the right cut, otherwise when you look down, sometimes the hair will fall onto your face, instead of staying on the side. It happened to me, so ended up getting a full fringe (slightly angled Asian fringe) that ends at my eyebrows. Plus, it would look much cuter when you have your hair tied back, since bangs help frame your face!

Sorry if I rambled a bit. ^^;;

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina_k
Get the bangs
smiles.gif
but if your hair's naturally curly/wavy it might be too much upkeep to straighten it? It does make you look younger, but not like a teenager lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon
Wow, you look really cute with bangs, from the older picture!

Bangs CAN be high-maintenance, depending on the cut. Do you normally straighten/style them when you had them in the past? For your face shape, the fringe you had looks really good on you and makes you look more youthful, but still very polished.

Anyway, the main reason why I think you should get bangs again is because I noticed that you have quite a bit of those baby hairs along your hairline. Don't worry - I have them too! And sometimes they really bother me because they're too short, and it's hard to control them
ssad.gif
I get really self-conscious about it because my forehead is kind of hairy if you look really close, lol. But it's not that noticeable unless I point them out. I have a lot of really-fine hair, and sometimes I tweeze them. When got my bangs cut to a slight fringe, it really helped hide them.

Honestly, I think the bangs look really good on you. Likes I said, it depends on the cut. I think you would also look great with side-swept bangs. Just make sure that it's the right cut, otherwise when you look down, sometimes the hair will fall onto your face, instead of staying on the side. It happened to me, so ended up getting a full fringe (slightly angled Asian fringe) that ends at my eyebrows. Plus, it would look much cuter when you have your hair tied back, since bangs help frame your face!

Sorry if I rambled a bit. ^^;;

Nina - My hair is wavy but it's very fine. So it kinda lies flat on the top
ssad.gif
I always have to tease the roots or it just sits there. My bangs tend to curve to the side naturally so I need to straighten them.

Melon - tell me about it! I hate the damn baby hair. They don't bother me too much though. My hair used to be super straight but as I get older, it gets wavier, kinda weird, lol! I mostly leave my hair wavy as I'm too lazy for heat tools but I did always flat iron my bangs and I will continue to do so if I get them.

Now I'm debating between side swept vs, fringe :/

x___ME

bangs do look really nice on you !
smiles.gif

i say you go for the side swept bangs though !
it wont be necessary for you to tease the roots of your hair either since you plan of straightening the bangs .
this way the bangs will blend w/ the flattest part of your hair ( the top , i have the same problem ) .
it will look gorgeous w/ minimal effort ! hope it helps .