Silk Naturals

heartichoke

Some people have talked about mixing their foundation in a plastic baggie then putting it back into the jar... I personally think the spoon is useless for mixing. Also, I would let it sit for awhile after mixing before you apply it. Hope that helps!

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwings
Does this company make a pink base to mix in with the foundation?

they have Ebony. I'm thinking that this will suit people with pink undertones. i'm not sure. all you have to do is mix ebony with the white powder to find your perfect match. its best if you buy the sample kit. it comes with ebony, buttery gold, warm gold and the white powder.

angelwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
they have Ebony. I'm thinking that this will suit people with pink undertones. i'm not sure. all you have to do is mix ebony with the white powder to find your perfect match. its best if you buy the sample kit. it comes with ebony, buttery gold, warm gold and the white powder.

Thanks. I wasn't aware they had a sample kit with all 3 colours.

DirtyHarriet

i didn't find the sample kit i got to be that much more spectacular than my Everyday Minerals foundation. however, i used the kit to adjust the foundation i already had for summer (darkened) or winter (lightened).

winks.gif

sofabean

i'm going to order some of their sample blushes and msf dupes. they're only 1.25! can't go wrong with that
smiles.gif

i wanted to try their foundation, but i just don't have the time to mix my own every morning.

beadjunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofabean
i wanted to try their foundation, but i just don't have the time to mix my own every morning.

Don't you just premix a whole jar full? I though once you found your ratio of bases, you could easily use a bigger spoon and mix a bunch up.

evah2003

I really love this company!
Especially for their blushes and their lip products (their kisser slickers are so awesome!!).
I like the foundation concept and I think it´s great that she came out with three different foundation bases.

Babylard

i love their perfecting powder. has anyone tried their heavy coverage formula? i ordered some and i cant wait to try. their minerals is so finely milled, i love the texture but i was turned off by the lack of coverage from their original formula. but they have expanded to create different levels of coverage so im eager to try =)

TexasBelle

Just adding my opinion on Silk Naturals, for what it's worth . . .

I tried a few samples of their foundation, but it just didn't work out for me. Even with moisturizer and primer underneath, it sucked all the moisture out of my skin in a horrible way. I haven't had this experience with any other loose mineral foundation, so I'm not sure what caused the problem.

However, I LOVE their eye shadows and blushes. They do an awesome job of "duping" high-end colors. I love their "Bargain Pink" dupe of MAC's "Expensive Pink" eye shadow, for example. And I wear their dupe of NARS "orgasm" blush nearly every day.

I'm not sure what I think of their Perfecting Powder . . . it seems that a lot of their customers love it, but it doesn't really do anything for me. I ordered a full-sized jar and have been using it on and off for a couple of weeks, and it doesn't irritate my skin - but seriously, it doesn't do anything. I prefer my L'Oreal brand powder; at least my L'Oreal powder does a decent job of matting down my foundation and controlling shine-through.

strickers

Their kisser slickers are amazing. Long lasting for a gloss, not sticky, very moisturizing, nice scent... no bad stuff in it.. They are my HG lipglosses
smiles.gif

IDontKnowMomo

Did a search and couldn't find a thread on this. If there is one feel free to delete this
smiles.gif

I've never ordered from Silk Naturals before but they have a section of their site called "Mac Clones" which are supposedly dupes of famous Mac products.
Can anybody compare any of these?
Anybody have any opinions on this site?

Silk Naturals

MACATTAK

I've purchased a few of their brushes before & have always received fast service. I don't know anything about the Mac clones though.

Flowitu

I've ordered from them and I really don't have any MAC products to compare to. soo.. but I got this Crinoline Glow that is said to be a MAC petticoat clone. I don't think Karen (the owner) was trying to create the same color, but similar.

Raspbaby

I absolutely love Silk Naturals! It's one of my favorite mineral mu online shops.

I really like Karen's attempts on the Mac clones. I own Maiden lipgloss which looks exactly like Bare slimshine.
I don't have swatches but heartichoke made some of the MSF dupes.
Also, I love the 188 brush dupe and the clear liner sealer!

MzzRach

I have not tried any of the coloured minerals, but the SN foundation powder is quite nice. Lovely quality.

bubbleheart

This is a really nice company - very grass roots and friendly - quick shipping and excellent customer service. However, their foundation didnt really work for me - a bit chalky I found. Eyeshadows - not bad but lots are a bit more shimmery than I'd normally like. Lipglosses - some pretty colors and lovely formula. The only thing that I dont really love is that some of the stuff feels a bit crafty/etsy to me....which is fine if you like that kinda thing but I guess Im a bit snooty about my makeup lol.

sonia84

This is a really nice company - very grass roots and friendly - quick shipping and excellent customer service. However, their foundation didnt really work for me - a bit chalky I found. Eyeshadows - not bad but lots are a bit more shimmery than I'd normally like. Lipglosses - some pretty colors and lovely formula. The only thing that I dont really love is that some of the stuff feels a bit crafty/etsy to me....which is fine if you like that kinda thing but I guess Im a bit snooty about my makeup lol.
I know what you mean, i've received a few of the items in swaps and i was a bit shocked that they had a paper label on them. I've wore one of their blushes in tart the past few days and its a pretty colour. I stopped wearing my edm blushes as, after a few hours of wearing them, my skin felt uncomftable and i'd have to wash it off where with this blush, i haven't found that. I prob would buy from the company if they had nicer packaging but i'd be embarrased to pull their products out in public.