• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

"Smokey Eye" Tutorial (video!!)

Chpidou

Thank for this great tutorial !
thmbup.gif
It's easier to understand makeup techniques with a video than with a serie of pictures.

twinkley

I already commented you on youtube, but I will comment here also and say that you are wonderful and I love your video! It was very helpful! Thank you so much!

makeup_wh0re

K I went to get the antique jade at the store, they didn't have any; the maybelline ultra liner, they didn't have any; the rimmel jet blk eyeshadow and guess what THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANYYYY!!! lol. So I just used stuff that I had. Even though I said I wasn't going to use the vaseline cuz I can't get it right, I tried it again haha. It did not work good! I think you are just too good at your makeup!!!! Anyways I tried and this is how it came out... \

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...e/000_0551.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...e/000_0553.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...e/000_0559.jpg

My son is sick right now so I just halfass did it but I don't think that it would have came out that much better if he weren't. I just like having an excuse haha!

MirandaTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_wh0re
K I went to get the antique jade at the store, they didn't have any; the maybelline ultra liner, they didn't have any; the rimmel jet blk eyeshadow and guess what THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANYYYY!!! lol. So I just used stuff that I had. Even though I said I wasn't going to use the vaseline cuz I can't get it right, I tried it again haha. It did not work good! I think you are just too good at your makeup!!!! Anyways I tried and this is how it came out... \My son is sick right now so I just halfass did it but I don't think that it would have came out that much better if he weren't. I just like having an excuse haha!

I think you did a beautiful job! Looks like you have the hang of using vaseline!
smiles.gif
What colors did you use?

Hope your son is feeling better
ssad.gif
It's never fun when the little ones are sick!

MirandaTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalena
Ahh! So, I tried to do a video tutorial, it's a really easy look, but i just wanted to see if i could edit a video, haha. I have quite a few problems (my music isn't working, a few titles ended up in the wrong place, missing clips) but other than that i though it was decent, haha. It's the green and black look that I posted in my first post here (the "quite a few fotds")....anyway ENJOY! =)

Krystalena's Smokey Eye

You are just too cute!!! This was great! I think the white eyeliner is genius - That may help me out!

Thanks for the tut... keep 'em coming!

makeup_wh0re

Ok I used vaseline as a base of course, covergirl fard accent eyeshadow, cq smoothcolor eyeshadow in black ( I don't even know where the hell it came from but it is with my makeup so I guess it's for me, i never heard of cq lol), sheer sand as a highlighter, rimmel black eyeliner, and mirenesse' secret weapon mascara.
and as far as the vaseline, my makeup came off in like 2 hours haha.
Do you think maybe I am applying it wrong or too thick or thin?
ssad.gif

krystalena

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_wh0re
Ok I used vaseline as a base of course, covergirl fard accent eyeshadow, cq smoothcolor eyeshadow in black ( I don't even know where the hell it came from but it is with my makeup so I guess it's for me, i never heard of cq lol), sheer sand as a highlighter, rimmel black eyeliner, and mirenesse' secret weapon mascara.
and as far as the vaseline, my makeup came off in like 2 hours haha.
Do you think maybe I am applying it wrong or too thick or thin?
ssad.gif

Hmmm idk...if you're applying it to think you'll know when you put the eyeshadow on because it gets really hard to blend and gets super messy, and i've never put it on too thin...i'm thinking maybe you did it to thin. I don't know, i've never had a problem wtih my make up coming off when i use vaseline! sorry, i have no idea why!

makeup_wh0re

Well thank you for thinkin about it haha.....it is such a cheap way to do it if it works for you, you are very creative with your looks and everything. I just <3 you, such a sweetie too!

circe221

Awesome video tut!!!!! Any more would be greatly appreciated!!!
I love that you used drugstore products too. I am building my MAC collection, but am on a budget so I love that your looks use products that are available at the drugstore but still look just as fabulous as MAC!

bintdaniel

hi everybody
smiles.gif

krystalena, your video has been removed, I haven't seen it
ssad.gif

I 'd like to look how you use the vaseline and also your tut
Is it possible?
Thanks,
Bye!