SO I'm kind of OVER MAC's hiring process...

nved_1

I got a third interview (a phone interview) with MAC.
I had to get things cleared with our AE at Clinique.
I basically had to let Clinique and Macy's know that I was interviewing with MAC which was AWKWARD considering MAC hadn't offered me a position.
Now I have to wait until the counter manager and retail manager come back from their respective vacays to finish the phone interview.
All this for a part time job.
I really want to become a MA and thought that MAC would be great for artistry, networking etc.
But i'm thinking of applying somewhere else.

breeknee

Because the process takes a long time? I realize that it can be daunting, but the process takes a while, and there is a freeze right now that is only just beginning to be lifted, so spots are minimal and hard to get. The process takes a while, and is difficult, but that is a good thing because it eliminates people who don't want to be there, or people who can't cut it. If you can't stick it out for a long and difficult application process, you may not do very well at the job. It isn't just you, the process takes a long time for most people. Then once you get hired, it takes one to two weeks for paperwork to come back before you can even work.

Bernadette

I totally agree with Breeknee, the process is long for everyone and it can totally weed out those people that don't want the job enough. There are SO many people that want to work for MAC that many of them have to be elimanted. I udnerstand that it can be frustrating but if you really want it, you'll stick it out.

BunnyBunnyBunny

It took me a year to get my parttime position. It was my dream to work for MAC since I was a junior in high school. Once I turned 18 in April as a senior I applied at MAC in my Macy's and I finally became a freelancer that November. Almost a year later in July I became a parttime MAC Artist.

As others have said, the many interviews and everything is the company's way of making sure that you want to be there. By becoming a freelancer, the managers can see if you are committed to the company, even whilst being the lowest of the low and being a non-permanent employee. It's all to see if you're worth the trouble of hiring, training, etc. Luckily you may get to skip the freelancing, so they're probably taking extra precautions to make sure you want to be with the company.

kimmy

mac spends alot of money training their mas, so like everyone's already said, the process to weed out the ones who will essentially be a waste of time and money for the company can be pretty long. just try to stick it out.
smiles.gif