Some photography <3 (very pic heavy)

tara_hearts

I have been trying to learn photography, but I find I learn the most when I just get out and take some pictures. Here are some of my neighbors horses, my parrot, my sister, and flowers. Also some parrots in gatlinburg tennessee that were saved from bad homes or owners who couldn't take care of them.
horses102.jpg

horses039.jpg

horses093.jpg

horses070.jpg

horses068.jpg

horses008.jpg

Pablo008.jpg

Pablo009.jpg

sunflowersetc015.jpg

sunflowersetc006.jpg

sunflowersetc001.jpg

sunflowersetc018-1.jpg

june08flowersbaylee067.jpg

june08flowersbaylee021-1.jpg

june08flowersbaylee037-1.jpg

Voodoosign-1.jpg

mountview-2-1.jpg

Tennessee110-1.jpg

Tennessee088-1.jpg

Tennessee054-1.jpg

Tennessee134-1.jpg

hydranga1-1.jpg

cockatoo1-1.jpg

Fly-1.jpg

mount2-1.jpg

I have a canon s5is and I am trying to break out of the auto mode but I get all messed up with iso and aperature and shutter speed.

NicksWifey

What gorgeous pics! They're all so pretty! I love the third pic, the B&W one of the horses.
Amazing skills you have!

tara_hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
What gorgeous pics! They're all so pretty! I love the third pic, the B&W one of the horses.
Amazing skills you have!

Thanks so much
smiles.gif

tara_hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell12367
very pretty, I love the parrot pictures

Thank you
The blue front amazon is mine <3

nikki

These pics are great!!! I've really wanted to take a class on photography for a while now.

pumpkincat210

i have the same camera i think!
You have taken some great pics to, I agree about learning more about the camera. It has a ton of features.

tara_hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanidewine
GORGEOUS pictures! I'm trying to get into photography too.
These sites really really inspire me and help me out, I don't know if you've seen them yet or not, but if not they're pretty helpful.

Photojojo - The best photo tips, DIY projects, and gear in the whole wide world and http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/

oooh thanks, I need all the help I can get. Can't wait to check those sites out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynne
Love the pics. You did an amazing job.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtiffineyx
I love the pics! Your sis is adorable, & I LOVE the parrots! You did an excellent job!

smiles.gif
Aw thank you, she is adorable with a mean streak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki
These pics are great!!! I've really wanted to take a class on photography for a while now.

Thanks. I have too, alot are pricey though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Great pics!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
i have the same camera i think!
You have taken some great pics to, I agree about learning more about the camera. It has a ton of features.

Thank you. I've read the manual a billion times..urgh

Xqueeze_me

I contemplated between Canon S5IS and Panasonic DMC-FZ18. Got the latter instead for the 18x zoom and Leica lens. Glad to see Canon doing so well too!! The photos are awesome! LOVE the photostitch pic of the view! (I reckon that's what you used.. hehe) Well done, well done.
winks.gif

tara_hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I contemplated between Canon S5IS and Panasonic DMC-FZ18. Got the latter instead for the 18x zoom and Leica lens. Glad to see Canon doing so well too!! The photos are awesome! LOVE the photostitch pic of the view! (I reckon that's what you used.. hehe) Well done, well done.
winks.gif

Yes I am very pleased with the s5is. Especially the supermacro mode and the stitch assist is super useful. It's been good for me as a camera to learn, I eventually want to get a dslr.