Something that is on my mind...

benzito_714

newhere.gif
i'm new here so in an attempt to get to know know the people here I have managed to view almost every topic (but not every thread). In doing so I noticed that so many of us here are going through/working through some issue, sad/depressed or just sometimes feel unpretty.
I thought it funny because here this is a beauty board and we still all feel inadequate at some point and maybe this is what led to our addiction to make-up-its ability to make us feel and look pretty. I know I get moody when I see Beyonce walking around in a ten thousand dollar gown while I am in my mother-in-laws living room eating cereal in holey sweatpants from the 11th grade wondering why I can't get a job (can you tell what my issue is? lol)
Anyway I couldn't let another day go by without telling each person here how much they mean to me and how important they are. If no one else tells you I will-you are loved and you are important. I know we hear this all the time from inspirational speakers who no nothing about us but I feel that everyone has opened up in a way that allows us to call each other friend. From sharing stories of money issues to abortions to self-harm to motherhood to sexuality to fotd's to everything under the sun you all have made me a little more comfortable with me. I thank and love you all.
I know some may not believe in God but I do and I will pray that each of us overcomes our setbacks and arrives at our goals as more than a conquerer.
queen.gif

As always 'be encouraged' and keep the makeup looking flawless
choochoo.gif

Love,
The newbie

MACATTAK

First of all,
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
. I'll just speak for myself and say that I am not perfect. I have my fair share of issues. I think it's great there is a place where we all are brought together first for a love of makeup, and then to be able to discuss life and issues. I've met some great people here, and it's nice to know others share our problems or have been where we are.

athena123

benzito, you're so sweet and thank you for taking the time to post what many of us probably feel. I'm going through a rough time myself right now [close family dealing with drug addiction] and it's nice to come here so I can forget about the pain of withdrawals and seeing a loved one self-destruct.

Big hugs sweetie,
th_cheerup.gif

Obreathemykiss

That is very sweet of you. We love you too! We're all human so I guess at some points in our lives we are going to go through rough stuff and eventually overcome and conquer our worst and best struggles. Life is beautiful even though it has ugly faces sometimes. Makeup is therapy for many of us (like myself) and it can do so many things for so many people. So can talking to wonderful ladies like these people. You are awesome. Hopefully things get better in your world.

nunu

Thank you! I soo needed this right now, you are like an angel sent to deliver this message to me
th_hug.gif

I really appreciate it, you are so sweet.

revinn

You're lovely
smiles.gif
Hahah, seriously, what a nice, positive post!! I agree with your statement so much, and I know it's the case in my life. I hope you love Specktra (I'm sure you will), and we all send warm thoughts right back to you!!

k.a.t

You're so sweet, positive thinking is just what i need right now! thanks and welcome!
smiles.gif

couturesista

I agree, I love loggin into Spektra. All the members that I have encountered have been nice, friendly and very helpful. It feels really good to be able to escape ur daily troubles and come to a place wher everybody knows ur name and glad that u came ( I know, CHEERS but hey its appropriate) Everybody
GROUP HUG!! (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) ;D

User93

I agree completely, and just wanted to add, that i'm a newbie here aswell, and i've noticed spectra being a very uNusual resorse. You get lots of great tips here about make-up, plus, feel really free in sharINg whats in your head and heart. I think thats awesome, how we can come here with our problems, doubts, worries, and get a nice feedback. I've had an account on another feminine resourse, there 50% ended up with some group rows. What is really awesome about spectra, is that you get a really good feedback from different people, and just have a chance to see everyone's view. This is the great community to be a newbie in. And thanks to you ladies, even newbies feel here really comfy. You all are gorgeous and beautiful, with makeup or no. Beauty is in the soul and in the eyes.
thmbup.gif
th_ymca.gif

Welcome benzito!

ratmist

What a really sweet post. Heh, makes a change from some of the dark topics floating around on Deep Thoughts recently.
smiles.gif