Sororities..

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
I did join a sorority (Zeta Phi Beta ) and am still part of one since it is for life. Some of my sorors are my best friends til this day!

Although the sorority stuff has pretty much took a back seat to everyday life...my experience was very positive, nothing like the stuff you see in movies. My sorority revolves around scholorship, community service, sisterly love and finer womanhood. I have nothing but positive things to say...out of the 6 ladies I am closest with, all of us have our Bachelors and 3of us have Master's. I'm not saying we wouldn't have did this if we wouldn't have joined but it was nice to support one another.

Anywho, this was just a snippet of my experience.

thats exactly how my sorority was! (chi omega) i LOVED IT! i totally didnt consider mysef a typical "sorority girl but my mom actually convinced me to rush and i just feel in love with the girls in chi omega!

rbella

I wasn't in a sorority, but I didn't really have an opinion on them either. I didn't hate them and I didn't want to be in one. I just didn't have the time to invest in it. I've met tons of women who were in sororities and tons who weren't. I have yet to meet someone who has struck me as what is defined as the typical "sorority girl". I guess I just feel like that only exists on MTV.

xxsgtigressxx

<~~ Sigma Sigma Sigma!!!!!!! Had many wild nights, lots of fun, and some of the best friends i could ever find! But to be honest I really cant stand that some people think that sorority girls are just drunken sluts, because I'm sorry but the only thing that makes me different from any other girl in my school is that I rock letters. Can't judge what you don't know!

M.A.C. head.

I think the idea is cool but I would never make it in a sorority.

I don't fair well around a lot of women. They drive me nuts!
tong.gif

iluffyew769769

My school is too small for sororities.. there are only 1400 people total in the undergrand and grad programs. The entire university is smaller than my high school was.

KikiB

If I were to go off to college, it would be something I wanted to do-but I am delaying college for a few years so I will be too old to rush when I do get there.

vandael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh
Go Big 10!
cheerleader.gif
(IU grad/non-sorority, though)

Hell yeah
smiles.gif
I was in a sorority at the University of Illinois (UIUC). We have the largest greek system in the nation.

hopefulheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
I did join a sorority (Zeta Phi Beta ) and am still part of one since it is for life. Some of my sorors are my best friends til this day!

Although the sorority stuff has pretty much took a back seat to everyday life...my experience was very positive, nothing like the stuff you see in movies. My sorority revolves around scholorship, community service, sisterly love and finer womanhood. I have nothing but positive things to say...out of the 6 ladies I am closest with, all of us have our Bachelors and 3of us have Master's. I'm not saying we wouldn't have did this if we wouldn't have joined but it was nice to support one another.

Anywho, this was just a snippet of my experience.

thats exactly how my sorority was! (chi omega) i LOVED IT! i totally didnt consider mysef a typical "sorority girl but my mom actually convinced me to rush and i just feel in love with the girls in chi omega!
I am a Chi Omega as well!
heart.gif