Specktra Secrets

Janice

Welcome to this weeks "Specktra Secrets" community project. I encourage everyone to read the information below on how to share your makeup secret for next week.

SpecktraSecret-1.jpg

1220930421.jpg

All you need to do to participate is compose an email, attach your image (in .gif .jpg or .png) format to the email and send it to [email protected]. This is completely anonymous submission method.

We look forward to reading your secret next week!

Shimmer

Mmm strippers.

And saliva.

I don't know where I was going with that but I'm glad people are participating.
And...I think we're all guilty at one point or another of licking a makeup brush. >.<

j_absinthe

I personally have never used saliva for wetting my brushes, but I do have a good friend who's been a MUA for about 2 decades-was once a manager for Smashbox-and she licks her brushes all the time. She doesn't use her brushes on others though, so its forgivable...sort of.

xxManBeaterxx

lol the tongue thing is funny, heck i would do it too if i didnt have water near by. We need to submit our "secrets" girls!

DirtyPlum

I'm not comfortable with the licking brushes one... its in the same bracket as blowing on brushes to remove excess. Makes me cringe a little!

uh_oh_disco

The stripper one made me chuckle; I'm sure about 70% of people who use brushes still do - on occasion - lick them out of laziness.

k.a.t

lol @ the saliva one...i don't think i have, but if no water was available nearby then sure, why not? haha (it is your own saliva =P)

hotmodelchiq

GUILTY!!! I lick my 266 too lol... hey my spit my body lmao... and If your tired of being mistaken for a stripper maybe its time to get an issue of INSTYLE and reinvent your image...

jennyfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
I'm not comfortable with the licking brushes one... its in the same bracket as blowing on brushes to remove excess. Makes me cringe a little!

What's the problem with blowing on your brushes?
th_dunno.gif
I don't see anything wrong with that!

DirtyPlum

^^I guess its the same as sneezing on a brush or whatever and then smearing that brush on your face and eyes. I'm a germaphobe, doesnt matter if they are my own germs lol.. just makes me cringe. I once flinched at work when a customer kept on blowing the excess e/s off one of my brushes.

aimee

eek i would not lick my brushes but im guilty of blowing excess eyeshadow off my brushes and i blow on my lashes because i think the glue starts to get tacky a lil faster haha

i just do it when i do my own make up though

joann_

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee
eek i would not lick my brushes but im guilty of blowing excess eyeshadow off my brushes and i blow on my lashes because i think the glue starts to get tacky a lil faster haha

i just do it when i do my own make up though

I blow on the glue all the time! guilty as charged!