Starter brush kit for doing other people's make-up?

mariavittoria

Hello everyone, this is my first post on Specktra!
blush-anim-cl.gif

I have recently started doing other people's make-up and realized that I need to invest in a proper kit, especially since soon I will be doing this quite often.

Some background info: I am not a pro, but I am moving my first steps as an assistant of an experienced MUA. My make-up stash includes a variety of both high-end and drugstore brands. I've got more or less 40 brushes from the following brands (all of them are authentic): MAC, ELF, Sigma, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Hakuhodo, The Body Shop, A-Design, Sephora, arts&crafts store. So you see I can definitely tell whether a brush is good quality.

I need to get a good quality and effective brush set to work on clients. It just gets insanely stressful and also pretty unhygenic to use the same brushes I use on myself!

Obviously I am not going to purchase a super expensive one, and I need at least 12-15 brushes, so I would say mid-range. The Sigma Premium Brush kit seems like a good option, but it's not quite cheap either at €144. I like my Sigma brushes (well, most of them) but it would be great if you had other recommendations on some cost-effective and high quality set (I know it's hard!!!).
I do believe that brushes are a great investment, but it would be great to consider other options before buying.

I've had a look at some super cheap sets, like the ELF ones, but they weren't convincing enough. Plus, brands like ELF are ok for someone that is just starting out with MU, but on clients I would like something that feels more sturdy.

Ok, now I really hope someone will answer!

This forum is a life saver!!
heart2.gif

Cheers xxx

Maria Vittoria

nazih09

I would say if you're going to spend money on brushes, get the essentials from MAC, and the ones you can do without most of the time you can purchase from Sigma.

xbuttonsx

If you don't have the money to load up on MAC, I'd look at Sigma and Crown. To possibly save money you can google coupon codes for those companies and see if they have any deals. You can also browse around youtube and find reviews, see the pros and cons and how the two compare.