storage - need thoughts and opinions. i feel scattered.

invadersads

ok so, i organize and rearrange my makeup storage about as much as a man cleans and organizes his tools. i swear sometimes i think i enjoy organizing it more than wearing it. LOL
anyway, this whole post is probably gonna sound crazy but here's a pic of my current set up...
DSC04665.jpg

please excuse my tacky horrible vanity stool lol.
it's totally cramped because i literally dont have any real room to even have the setup in my bedroom but i really got sick of doing my makeup in the bathroom and i like having my own little spot to do it.
anyway, i had bought that little acrylic organizer to keep on my vanity top to organize my everyday things in it but i already overflowed out of it and had to upgrade the size of my little plastic drawer organizer lol.
so call my crazy but lately i've been feeling like i dont like having some of my makeup on my vanity top crowding it and then having the rest in the little plastic drawers. i've seen lots of people who keep all of their makeup with maybe the exception of their brushes, in just the plastic drawers. i think i'm strangely anal but i feel better if all of my things are together in one storage space. then i can also add the wheels to the storage drawers and wheel it somewhere else if i please.
i have the room to put everything in those drawers if i organize it right, because it's got room left in it for more..

so
as crazy as it sounds, should i store everything in the plastic drawers and just leave my brushes and maybe my lipstick organizer on my vanity that way i have everything in one place plus i've freed up space on my vanity top?
thanks in advance for any opinions. and i hope this all made sense, i feel like a crazy person being this picky and weird about how my things are stored lol.

jaclynashley

I would put them in the drawers .
It saves so much space and you can do your makeup so much faster and nicer .
winks.gif

Believe me I'm OCD about organizing my makeup everyday too and for the first day it'll bug you and then you'll see what a difference it makes ! <3

invadersads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclynashley
I would put them in the drawers .
It saves so much space and you can do your makeup so much faster and nicer .
winks.gif

Believe me I'm OCD about organizing my makeup everyday too and for the first day it'll bug you and then you'll see what a difference it makes ! <3

actually it wont bug me, thats the funny thing. i originally thought i'd like having my everyday things on my vanity top for easy access but i find that it feels more organized having everything tucked into their drawers all together rather than some in the drawers and some on my vanity.
thanks for your opinion! i think tomorrow i'm going to go out and buy more little baskets to put in the drawers for more organization and do some rearranging tomorrow! yay fun!!
smiles.gif

Me and MAC

I agree, having everything in the drawers is so much easier! It'll look tidier and with little baskets like you said will look all cute!

RoxyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by invadersads
actually it wont bug me, thats the funny thing. i originally thought i'd like having my everyday things on my vanity top for easy access but i find that it feels more organized having everything tucked into their drawers all together rather than some in the drawers and some on my vanity.
thanks for your opinion! i think tomorrow i'm going to go out and buy more little baskets to put in the drawers for more organization and do some rearranging tomorrow! yay fun!!
smiles.gif

I keep all of my makeup in little containers inside my vanity drawers, I find it easier to just pull out the little containers and place them on the table as I need them, and put them back in the drawers when i'm done, that way I can rifle through them easier. the only things I keep on the top of my vanity are my brushes, and my lamp.

Meisje

Hey there --- sorry, this is OT, but what kind of makeup mirrorélight is that (the round one)

User49

I think in the picture that you have posted it does look a bit crowded/messy. I think this is because your vanity table is too small and also only has one drawer for storage. Also all of the storage boxes are different colours/sizes and the plastic and wood doesn't really go. I am also a make up organzing freak! Wahey! Welcome to the club! I hate mess and also like to have everything in one little place. I would suggest having a total restyle and invest in a stroage vanity table that has more shelves/drawers. Even if you do put all the makeup in the drawers you will still feel cluttered because the storage solutions don't match...

As you haven't got a lot of room for anything bigger I would take advantage of that corner there and maybe find a corner table or something where you can put drawers in it.

What about getting a brush roll to store your brushes in so they are tidyed away and free up space on the actual vanity table?

This vanity table might match your storage units a bit more:
IKEA | Around the bed | Dressing tables | VINSTRA | Dressing table with mirror

IKEA | Around the bed | Dressing tables | MALM | Dressing table

ALSO check out this link for when you have more drawers:
Vanity Expand A Drawer

invadersads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
Hey there --- sorry, this is OT, but what kind of makeup mirrorélight is that (the round one)

honestly i dont remember what brand it is, probably conair or something similar, i bought it at target a few years ago. hope that helps!

invadersads

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
I think in the picture that you have posted it does look a bit crowded/messy. I think this is because your vanity table is too small and also only has one drawer for storage. Also all of the storage boxes are different colours/sizes and the plastic and wood doesn't really go. I am also a make up organzing freak! Wahey! Welcome to the club! I hate mess and also like to have everything in one little place. I would suggest having a total restyle and invest in a stroage vanity table that has more shelves/drawers. Even if you do put all the makeup in the drawers you will still feel cluttered because the storage solutions don't match...

As you haven't got a lot of room for anything bigger I would take advantage of that corner there and maybe find a corner table or something where you can put drawers in it.

What about getting a brush roll to store your brushes in so they are tidyed away and free up space on the actual vanity table?

unfortunately my budget doesnt allow me to buy anything new, but i have organized myself a little better since this post. it's still the same setup but i put almost everything in my plastic drawers. i like it that way because all of my makeup is together.
i do love all your suggestions though and will keep them in mind when i do have more money.

DSC04885.jpg