Storing Makeup/ Skincare in HOT weather?

Jessie

Hey guys,

I just wanted to know how your store your makeup and skincare products in really hot weather? I am dealing with 35C plus weather in Australia (104 Fahrenheit!) at the moment and I am concerned that my makeup and skincare is melting and ruining in the heat.

I have put some products in the fridge, but it is not really ideal as I live in share housing so I am open to any other suggestion. Thanks for your help!
greengrin.gif

Dreamergirl3

What if you use a cooler? Keep ice packs in the freezer so you can put new frozen ones in when the others warm up.

ashk36

I'd be afraid to use a cooler for fear of not getting home in time, or forgetting, and having stuff melt all over my makeup and what not! It gets just as hot here in South Carolina, but we usually keep the air conditioning on most of the time. What about in the closet? It's dark so you don't have to worry about sunlight getting to it, and I'd assume it would be a bit cooler than some other areas in the house.

user79

I've seen specialized cosmetics refrigerators, you might have to hunt around a bit on Google but I've seen pictures before of them...I think spas and such use them? I think the temperature can be adjusted to cosmetic-friendly climes, not as cold as normal food fridges.

Septemba

Do you have aircon? The heatwave was shocking wasn't it? I put all my gear in my traincase and sat it right under the aircon vent during the worst of the heat. My fridge is a scary place, not for my sacred makeup.
lol.gif

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
well you could buy a mini ridge and keep it in your room

Exactly what I was thinking.

And you could what MissChievous said and adjust the temp to suit your needs.

Jessie

Thanks for the recommendations ladies! I think I'll purchase a cooler bag for now. Sadly, I don't have air con. The cosmetic fridge looks great, but it's slightly out of my budget.
tong.gif