Stylist Dilemma: What to do?

SerenityRaine

Ok, so for the past 3 years since I moved back here I've been hopping around stylists. Have yet to find one that I like 100% that can do both cut and color. I always find one that can cut but then gets the color off. Or vice versa. I think I finally found a good one except again the color was off. Idk if it was because he squeezed me in or just didn't want to bleach?? I was trying to go ashy blonde but it came out more golden ugh. Plus, I wanted it all the same shade.
When I went in I was letting my roots (which are an ashy tone) grow out with highlights and the underneath was a mid-tone red. I was happy with it at first as it did look better as my hair was a bit crazy b4 but now that my hair has grown out some and my roots have come its a bit annoying and worst than my hair was initially b4 he colored it. The whole point of me going that color was to get rid of roots not get them!
rant.gif
Seriously, if I had known that I was going to get this shade I would've got a frickin box of color myself.

I took in the Sephora catalog (image link below)with the picture of this chicks haircolor. I said I wanted that shade - ALL over. How can I get any more clear that I want to get rid of the red? I want to get as close to that shade as possible. I want to give him a 2nd chance but I don't want a repeat of this. As you probably can tell I jump ship when something is usually off. What can I say I got spoiled when I became my best friend's guinea pig when she was in cosmetology school? I need to move that would solve all my hair issues! LOL

Here's what I was going for:Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance

kaliraksha

Sigh, finding a stylist that you mesh with and gets your vision is so annoying and hard. You should try Yelp and Citysearch for your city and read the reviews for places you are interested in. I always type "curly" into the search box so I can find people with views or that work on curly hair. Maybe for you you can type "red" or "ash blonde".

Maybe to get it perfect you have to go to someone who specialized in cutting and someone else who specializes in color.

How long has it been since you were unhappy with his last dye job? If it hasn't been that long you may want to call the salon and tell him you're unhappy with it.

Sorry, know how much it sucks... it's so bad for me and my hair that I get really frustrated when it comes to getting my hair cut. I haven't found "the one" (not a guy, a hairstylist!) yet.

gildedangel

If you really can't find someone who is good at both, have two separate stylists! Yeah it would be a pain, but at least you would be happy with your hair!

SerenityRaine

Yeah, I was thinking about keeping him for cutting & going to someone else for color. I was just sorta iffy cuz it kinda feels like I'm cheating on him with another stylist :O lol

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRaine
it kinda feels like I'm cheating on him with another stylist :O lol

Hehe, it is like finding "the one" except for you it's two of them =)

Latest posts