super worried now!!

melbee519

Hey ladies, and gents ;)
I got offered a job at Sephora today, super excited!! So I was doing some research and I found some awesome Forums (this one included) that I have found them to be super informative and awesome!! BUT I have realized something unfortunate..today in the interview the 'boss lady' mentioned a background check and asked me what would come up, at the time all I could think of was my DUIs and she said that shouldn't be a problem...now that I'm sitting at home reading all of this I realized I was arrested for shop lifting back in 2006, I was 18 (i am now almost 26) it wasn't a felony but I'm sure it's on my record somewhere...so now of course I am freaking out. I was young and stupid back then, my friend and I thought we owned the world and figured life was nothing to take too seriously. Obviously I have done nothing like shoplifting in years, but I can only imagine how horrible it looks. That with the DUIs I look like a total wreck!! I have been in recovery for some months now, I don't drink at all but my last DUI was march of this year my previous one was in 2009. not a great track record :( do you guys think I should call the store tomorrow and talk to the manager and explain that I had forgotten about the shoplifting. I don't want them to think I'm trying to hide anything from them and I know that honesty is pretty much always the way to go! or do u think I shold keep it to myself and hope that it just never comes up and just move forward?? any advide would be greatly appreciated, this company seems like a great one and I am so excited for the opportunity I hope my past doesn't bite me in the butt!