Superlatives

chocolategoddes

I don't know if we already have this but:

You know how high school yearbooks have those superlatives like: Best Dressed or Class Clown?
Wouldn't it be cool to have an annual Specktra makeup related superlative. We can nominate some one for different catergories like: best eyeshadow blender or best winged liner. Just small, silly, and fun. Waddyathink?
Or is there somthing like it already?
th_dunno.gif
<--- its like he's dancing. lol

MiCHiE

That would be cool. We did this on another MB I frequent and it was fun. One member set up categories and nominees and the ballot was posted on a login-based site. We have so many talented members, but it would be great to have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.

User27

Amazing idea and would probably get people even more involved with the site. Can't do too much damage to someone's self esteem knowing they're even 2nd place at applying a product out of over 51,000 members on here. Sheit, I'd be flattered like a mofo.

Not only a great comedian but a genius to boot. XD

TISH1124

This will be great...I love it...

We can also do .....best brows, Most unique application, Most Flawless skin, so many categories we could add so more people are involved. Best smile, Best Nails....get it started girl

MissResha

cool idea, but wouldn't these be considered awards? or something of that nature?

since superlatives are usually "most likely to..."

maybe im wrong. either way, cool idea, and i'm down.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
This will be great...I love it...

We can also do .....best brows, Most unique application, Most Flawless skin, so many categories we could add so more people are involved. Best smile, Best Nails....get it started girl

Those are awesome categories... I just don't want to get into people's actual physical appearance like "Prettiest Eyes" or "Best Smile" because beauty is more subjective.

But I definitely want to honor peoples' skills and creativity... and possibly other qualitites like "Most MAC knowledgable" or something.

So, I guess I'll come up with some categories and maybe I'll start a seperate thread for people to nominate members. I don't know how I'd do it.

Does anyone want to help me get this started?
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

It's okay. I think it won't be too difficult for me.

Anyways, I just brainstormed a couple of categories:
-Most Creative FOTDs
-Best Use of Bright Colors in FOTDs
-Best Use of Neutral Colors in FOTDs
-Best Winged Liner Application
-Most Flawless Foundation Application
-Best Eyeshadow Blender
-Fiercest Brows
-Best Tutorials (tutorials must have been posted in the Makeup Tutorial Subforum)
-Most MAC Knowledgable (sp?)
-Most MAC Addicted
-Most Specktra Addicted
-Most Unique Style
-Best Hair
-Most Likely to Pick A Vacation Spot Soley Based on how far the nearest MAC Pro Store Is.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any more ideas before I post the thread???

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
cool idea, but wouldn't these be considered awards? or something of that nature?

since superlatives are usually "most likely to..."

maybe im wrong. either way, cool idea, and i'm down.

I guess in some sort of way, it is an award. But it's nothing official... since I'm the one holding it, not the mods or the admins.
Hey, if someone wins a title, they can put it in their signature...

anita22

^ I think these categories are great!!!! Although, perhaps we should change Best Hair to "Best Hairstyle" (just going from what you stated earlier about these being more about people's skills / character than about physical appearance - wouldn't want anyone to be mislead by the title.)