teacher chokes 8th grader

queenofdisaster

i saw this on the news just now.. i think it said it was in delano, ca... but anywho, the teacher claims he placed his hands on the kids shoulders and shook him, but the rest of the students said he CHOKED him VIOLENTLY!

wtf?????? when i was in school i witnessed teachers THROW stuff at students, and i myself was even grabbed by the arm, almost to the point i was bruised when i was in 2nd grade. come on, i was freaking 7 years old. 7 year olds are brats, but it doesn't give you the right to hurt them in any way.

anyway i hope this teacher not only gets fired but gets BUSTED and SUED royally. people like this have no business working with children.

as a mother, if anything like this EVER happened to my kids, REGARDLESS of what they did, i would be whooping some teacher ass!!!!!!!!!

Chic 2k6

eeek! thing is though students can lie though.

i had an ICT teacher Mr.M and he's such a nice guy, really sweet and a good teacher and no matter how hard students push him, he always brushed it off his shoulders and give them detention if they go too far. he's the kinda guy that wouldn't lay a finger on a student let alone a fly. Then he got fired. why? because a student claimed that Mr.M pinned him against the wall and tried to choke him but everyone knows what Mr.M's like inc the headmaster and that he would've just pointed his finger at the boy and gave him a telling off b/c the boy was giving him so much grief in the first place but Mr.M had to be fired cos of the student's parents request.

Students really do have the power to get teachers fired b/c of parents and other people on their side
ssad.gif
but the story you described sounds pretty harsh.

Beauty Mark

The teacher shouldn't have done it, but I wonder what the complete story is. Teachers do get physically attacked by their students sometimes, and none of my teacher friends are really trained in ways to restrain the student, to my knowledge.

I also have seen students lie or misconstrue the truth. Once at my high school, a girl was trying to claim a sub grabbed her breasts when in reality (I was there) she was standing behind the sub. He was telling a story and made a big gesture that hit her in the chest area.

lemurian

I really loathe to hear these stories; it's so difficult to get the truth out of kids, and yet it would be horrifying to think that a teacher could harm one of their students. I believe the teacher first, but I would like to see charges pressed IF there is actual evidence of physical harm done, like bruises.. maybe a polygraph test. I never believe kids out of hand, because as we all know, kids lie. But on the other hand, kids are just as likely to be victimized as adults, so... *throws hands in the air*

Hawkeye

Honestly kids can lie all the time. The teacher probably did just that and the kids probably don't like him and they probably said he choked him. It happens all the time in public schools. The teacher should have never touched the kid but seriously - I don't think the teacher "choked" the kid. But I also wonder what the whole story is.

queenofdisaster

yes i do see where you all are coming from. i just flew off the handle when i heard it but truth is the kid could have physically attacked him first, because i have witnessed that in school as well!

Raerae

It's stuff like this that will get video camera's installed in every classroom, just to protect the School District from lawsuits.

Chic 2k6

at my school/college we have security cameras in every single classroom, in the corridors, toilets everywhere. but unfortuantely the camera wasnt installed at the time of Mr.M's student claim
ssad.gif

sometimes security cams are frigging useless imo, my school can be rough, its calmed down since we have cops patrolling the school :| I usually feel sorry for the Teachers cos end of the day they're just trying to work and not get any flak off their students

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
security cams are frigging useless imo, my school can be rough, its calmed down since we have cops patrolling the school :| I usually feel sorry for the Teachers cos end of the day they're just trying to work and not get any flak off their students

Yeh... My Mom's a teacher, and kids can be total brats. And of course their always little Angels from parents, who eigther believe their kid can do no wrong, or see it as an opportunity for a potential lawsuit for money. So the parents are often just as bad or worse then the students. Always blaming the teacher for catching their "angel" stealing, or cheating, or whatever.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
yes i do see where you all are coming from. i just flew off the handle when i heard it but truth is the kid could have physically attacked him first, because i have witnessed that in school as well!

To be fair, I also know of a 50something year old teacher at my high school who would try to date students (who were underage and all had absent fathers; this guy unexpectedly showed up at friend of mine's house with flowers.) He was accused, his latest victim wouldn't say anything bad about him, and he was then moved to the middle school
ssad.gif

All sorts of things happen at the schools, and it's hard to tell who is telling the truth.

Chic 2k6

my Mom's a teacher too she teaches 16+ males lol, one time she was working in her class room and she heard commotion from next door and there were no teacher there and 2 lads fighting like mad, she had to seperate them and then her boss Blamed her for not 'watching' them, she wasn't even told to watch them or even asked to watch them. coupla students had the nerve to say that she was asked (not true) and the Boss chose to believe them over my mom :|

i remember an 18 y/o got beaten up by NINE 16 y/o and no teacher did anything to stop the fight ugh, cos they were in lessons

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I had a teacher call me a pollack once ( I dont remember how he found out I was polish)... hahaha I didnt take offense though. I told my dad (he knows the teacher personally)and he thought nothing of it.... but SOMEHOW my aunt found out and called the school.. I hate when she pulls that crap.

asnbrb

My high school band teacher had transferred down to the intermediate when my brother was attending. We all thought that he was the absolute greatest until my very quiet, very honest brother came home and said that Mr. N had been screaming at one of his friends (which we had no problem believing since Mr. N had a set of lungs sometimes), then when the kid tried to get past him, the teacher dragged him into a practice room and slugged him in the stomach. It was hard enough to cause him to cough up blood.

Of course, the school had no problem believing Mr. N's side of the story- that it never happened. My brother had been in the room and seen the blood, so you can guess who I believed. The next time I saw Mr. N, I threatened to kill him myself if he ever laid a hand on my brother's friends again. I'm only three years older than my brother, but I'm known for my own temper (which is the hit first, yell later kind of temper). He never pulled that shit again.

Oh, and this thread can't go on without mentioning my pervert of a teacher (the band teacher that replaced Mr. N at the high school), who felt up some of the girl students and ended up sleeping with and marrying one of them. I think he then moved on to another high school where he got fired for f*cking ANOTHER student.

Hawkeye

Kids can seriously put a heavy toll on teachers. Not only them but also the parents.

I remember when I worked in the county it got to the point where it was so bad with the kids it really began to have a heavy psychological affect on me. Things that I normally would never dream of doing I began to think of it.

Not defending the teachers at all but after a while it weighs a heavy toll on people. ALl the red tape and the lies of the administrations etc just makes you wanna snap.

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
My high school band teacher had transferred down to the intermediate when my brother was attending. We all thought that he was the absolute greatest until my very quiet, very honest brother came home and said that Mr. N had been screaming at one of his friends (which we had no problem believing since Mr. N had a set of lungs sometimes), then when the kid tried to get past him, the teacher dragged him into a practice room and slugged him in the stomach. It was hard enough to cause him to cough up blood.

Of course, the school had no problem believing Mr. N's side of the story- that it never happened. My brother had been in the room and seen the blood, so you can guess who I believed. The next time I saw Mr. N, I threatened to kill him myself if he ever laid a hand on my brother's friends again. I'm only three years older than my brother, but I'm known for my own temper (which is the hit first, yell later kind of temper). He never pulled that shit again.

Oh, and this thread can't go on without mentioning my pervert of a teacher (the band teacher that replaced Mr. N at the high school), who felt up some of the girl students and ended up sleeping with and marrying one of them. I think he then moved on to another high school where he got fired for f*cking ANOTHER student.

ugh this reminds me of the p.e. teacher at my high school... he was failing a girl, so to get her grade raised she offered him a lil somethin somethin. of course they were caught... he was caught doing weird stuff all the time... this is off topic but there was a rumor going around that someone walked in on him in the bathroom, on the shitter, eating a snickers and talking to himself. BWAHAHAHA... i guess the reason i mentioned this is to show how damned weird some people are. so i wouldn't put violence or PERV-i-ness past anyone!!!