Teal Pigment being d/c?

AudreyNicole

I have heard rumors that Teal pigment is going to be discontinued.
I am not sure if it will be permanently or if they will reformulate and bring it back like they are doing with golden lemon. Earlier this week there were triangles of death on the Canadian and PRO sites, but nothing on the US site. Anyone know what's going on with Teal?

mzreyes

whaaa?? I don't even have that one yet. I used my friend's teal pig. awhile ago and the texture seemed fine to me! lol.. oh well.. Here's another excuse for me to stop by MAC!

macheartsme

I just talked to the MAC Live Chat...and teal is NOT being d/ced!!! just to let everyone know!

Danielle: Hi! I have a question. I saw on the Canadian website that Teal has the triangle of death next to it. I am a pro member, and do not see it on the PRO site. I was asking what's going on with Teal?
Mary-Ann: Hi Danielle, yikes! Let me find out...
Danielle: haha! the yikes thing makes me laugh
Mary-Ann: I loved the triangle of death comment!! Okay, according to my most recent documents, Teal is not on a discontinued list.
Danielle: ok..another question. do ya'll work on the pro site also?
Mary-Ann: I'm not sure why it would be flagged on the Canadian site. I will pass your comments along - perhaps it was an oversight.

saniyairshad

^^^^^Yay thank you macheartsme
smiles.gif

salvador4dali

I sent an email to MAC specifically asking about teal pigment being discontinued and this was part of the reply:

'Unfortunately, we are not able to supply you with Frost Pigment - Teal,
since production has stopped and all inventories have been completely depleted.'

I am absolutely gutted - I'm revising for exams and haven't really got the time to go out and buy it - that is if any are left in the stores. It was prob my fav pigment and the best green I've ever come across. Maybe its different in the US...

geeko

what the hell...teal is dced? it's one of my all time favourite pigments and it's such a gorgeous color

geeko

ok i just went to clarify with the livechat MA and this was the content

chatinfo.gif
Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly.
chatinfo.gif
Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Dianna. How may I assist you?
lynn: hi i heard rumours that teal pigment is being dced
lynn: is it true...some girl told me that she sent an email to mac and they emailed her that they have stopped production
Dianna: Hi Lynn! According to my most recent notes, it has not been discontinued. For up to date information, you may contact Customer Service at 1-800-387-6707.
lynn: oooh...ok. thanks a lot

salvador4dali

Well maybe its a UK thing. I checked on the UK site and its out of stock. I phoned up a couple of stores and they hadn't heard about it but when I told them that I had recieved an email saying it was being discontinued and I had heard directly from MAC they said then that must be the case. This is the full email I got. So maybe its just a UK thing - dammit!

Dear Ms. Khatri

Thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.

Whenever a product or shade is discontinued, it is not done capriciously or without taking into account many important factors. Decisions to discontinue a product are made in response to
consumer preferences and purchasing patterns throughout the country.
Sometimes, a product is discontinued to make room in the line for a more technologically advanced formula.

Unfortunately, we are not able to supply you with Frost Pigment - Teal,
since production has stopped and all inventories have been completely depleted.

Of course, we are concerned when a consumer’s favourite is no longer
available, and we thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts and needs. They are important to us and you may be sure they will be shared with all appropriate executives. In the meantime, may we suggest a visit to your favourite M.A.C counter where one of our representatives would be pleased to assist you in finding a comparable substitute.

Once again, thank you for this opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope you will continue to enjoy and have confidence in our quality products.

Sincerely

Victoria Bamber
Consumer Communications

amy_forster

Oh my god. This is not funny. I just rang consumer comms and they're confirmed teal is d/c. Not being reformulated...gone. And...chocolate brown has gone too. Not funny. I'm going to try and get a comprehensive list later on.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvador4dali
Well maybe its a UK thing. I checked on the UK site and its out of stock. I phoned up a couple of stores and they hadn't heard about it but when I told them that I had recieved an email saying it was being discontinued and I had heard directly from MAC they said then that must be the case. This is the full email I got. So maybe its just a UK thing - dammit!

Dear Ms. Khatri

Thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.

Whenever a product or shade is discontinued, it is not done capriciously or without taking into account many important factors. Decisions to discontinue a product are made in response to
consumer preferences and purchasing patterns throughout the country.
Sometimes, a product is discontinued to make room in the line for a more technologically advanced formula.

Unfortunately, we are not able to supply you with Frost Pigment - Teal,
since production has stopped and all inventories have been completely depleted.

Of course, we are concerned when a consumer’s favourite is no longer
available, and we thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts and needs. They are important to us and you may be sure they will be shared with all appropriate executives. In the meantime, may we suggest a visit to your favourite M.A.C counter where one of our representatives would be pleased to assist you in finding a comparable substitute.

Once again, thank you for this opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope you will continue to enjoy and have confidence in our quality products.

Sincerely

Victoria Bamber
Consumer Communications

I spoke with a MA @ MAC, and they said Teal is not being d/c.

astronaut

discontinued or not, I just bought a jar of this and I don't see myself using this up in my lifetime lol

1165Cheryl

I bought teal just a few weeks ago from Mac Pro and also mac cosmetics U.S. website still has it....I hope they dont change it to much. It looks great with silver, dark soul, pink pearl and steel blue ( a great combo
smiles.gif

syrene78

They were speaking of disc. it this year but changed their mind.
Hopefully not next year either!
There is nothing like it.