The Big Birthday Haul

CatDetective

The day before my birthday (on the 12th-- so at the time I'm posting, it's been over by a couple-few hours), my family took me out to shop, and lo and behold, the mall one town over that has a Sephora store now has not only that and a MAC store, but a brand new LUSH!

Needless to say, I wound up nicely spoiled... even if I did a little bit of that spoiling myself.

My first purchase was Oblivion at the MAC store-- it was my first time buying anything in a MAC store, and the gal who helped me was very nice, very helpful. She encouraged me to look around without pressuring me into buying anything I hadn't come in for, and she really put me at ease. I'd been a bit nervous (the only other time I'd even set foot in a MAC store it was super crowded, and I am just not equipped to deal with big crowds. Luckily the other day it was much calmer!), and she really helped a lot.

(so of course I wore it on my birthday. I didn't bother with foundation and concealer because I wasn't going anywhere fancy, I just couldn't resist playing with my new lipstick!)

Then I joined up with my mom and siblings in the Lush store, we looked around and smelled a bunch of stuff, and left with the Cupcake facial mask, which I had to pretend to be surprised by, and it smells fantastic and I will be spending the day after my birthday pampering myself since I have the day off...

And then Sephora. Oh Sephora... dangerously addictive.

The gal who helped me there was also super, super nice and helpful. I went straight for the OCC stuff because I am in love with lip tars. Disappointed not to find the tinted moisturizer, but she said it could be ordered in-store to arrive. I put buying it off in favor of some other stuff but it was good to know.

Anyway, helpful salesgirl sampled out some nude lip tars for me because I never really wear anything 'neutral' unless I'm doing costume makeup and need it to fit a specific character, and I don't think I've ever done a nude lip unless I was trying to look masculine specifically. Like, I know how to pick a red or a purple or a BLUE. Nudes? Not so much.

So I'll be trying out Sebastian, Hollywood, Mein Herr, and Pris (aside from Sebastian, which I wanted to try because grey lips appeals to me, I picked the nudes I wanted to try based on their names, haha), and seeing what works on me.

I also got a nice blending sponge with a gift card, just for myself, and the little birthday gift (MUFE lipstick and mascara) which I have yet to try out.

And then on the birthday itself, I opened up one of the presents from my mom to find...

Black Metal Dahlia and Technopagan! Ugh so thrilled. Bold metallics, yes! My immediate wishlist was narrowed down to these two, Pagan, Vain, and Super NSFW. Super NSFW wasn't in, and Vain seems similar enough to Impulse Cosmetics' Smoking Gun, which I have... and in the end I'm really glad these were the two that she got for me.

Also, I know it seems a little silly to add on after talking MAC and Sephora, but as I did receive it for my birthday...

e.l.f.'s Wicked Hallowe'en palette! I've actually had great experiences with e.l.f. products I've tried for the most part, and this one has a black lip color which I am all about, and it was just a nice little thing to have turn up as part of the gift from my sister, who knows how much I love all things Hallowe'en (as well as all things makeup)

Latest posts