The Stylistics

User40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I just want the Mystery Powder and maybe a lipstick and/or one of those shimmery powders, the name now escapes me. It is really, really hard for me to get excited about lip prodcuts, especially Lipglass. It does look good though and I'm excited. So can you buy refills of the MP or do you just have to get back up compacts?

The compact comes with an extra refill which is nice.

kyoto

The Mystery Powder has to be the best thing in this collection. It gives such a nice overall glow, and the powder is very silky. Definitely requires a back-up. I also purchased In Vogue and The Scene lipsticks. In Vogue makes a nice nude and even though The Scene appears very dark, its more of a berry on. I tried it with Be Seen l/g over it and its very pretty.

MACa6325xi

The Mystery Powder has to be the best thing in this collection. It gives such a nice overall glow, and the powder is very silky. Definitely requires a back-up.

Kyoto, I agree with you on the Sheer Mystery Powder. I went to the MAC store yesterday thinking that this collection was going to "Make me Feel Brand New," and like a "Star on a T.V. Show." I was quite disapointed when I actually saw the collection. I was unimpressed by the lipsticks, glosses, and Sheerspark Pressed Powder. The brushes looked cheap and the one I picked up said "Made in China." I would have expected the same quality as the full size brushes made in France, Japan and USA. Nevertheless, I had to have the Sheer Mystery Powder in Dark Secret. I think it's beautiful and it comes with a refill, so I will never run out of this product.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I got the Sheer Mystery Powder, but wouldn't even entertain the thought of anything else in the collection. Given that you get a refill and the weight of the compact, the price strikes me as fair. But there was no way I was shelling out $21 for a 1 in. by 1 in. square of chunky shimmer. And the way MAC pumps out lipsticks and glosses, I am sure I can find something comparable to anything in this collection.

And short side note - There was a LOUD DJ in the MAC store when I went so the MA could barely hear me. She picks out the powder, then proceeds to open the box, open the compact, and dropped the sponge on the not so clean counter. Now was that necessary? Couldn't you have just kept the box closed. I didn't need your grimy hands all over my $45 plus tax compact! So I asked for another one.

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Does anyone think Alek Wek is wearing the Sheer Mystery Powder in the promo picture?

Umm, that's a good question. I just called the store and the MA told me that she's wearing the Sheerspark Pressed Powder on her cheeks and the Dark Secret Mystery Powder blended in with something else. The MA was very nice, but she wasn't quite sure. I would have loved to see Alek's look posted like Diana Ross, Eve, etc. I think I will call about this. Thanks Twinkle_Twinkle.

I'm also hearing you on that loud music Twinkle_Twinkle. When I went to the store yesterday it was loud, crowded, and the MA's were made up like "Raggedy Ann," at least I think it was supposed to be Raggedy Ann. I couldn't stop looking at them, especially the freckles lol. I'm wondering why the MA had to open the box. When I bought mine, she just put it in the bag. Oh well!!!

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
I'm also hearing you on that loud music Twinkle_Twinkle. When I went to the store yesterday it was loud, crowded, and the MA's were made up like "Raggedy Ann," at least I think it was supposed to be Raggedy Ann. I couldn't stop looking at them, especially the freckles lol. I'm wondering why the MA had to open the box. When I bought mine, she just put it in the bag. Oh well!!!

Which store were you at?

My store (Columbia) yesterday had our World's AIDS day theme event so we did our make up like kids to help with our sales of KIDS HELPING KIDS.
smiles.gif

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
Which store were you at?

My store (Columbia) yesterday had our World's AIDS day theme event so we did our make up like kids to help with our sales of KIDS HELPING KIDS.
smiles.gif

Gee whiz!! I was at the Columbia store. I knew it was World's AIDS day, but I did not know what the theme was. That's why I thought you were all dressed up like Raggedy Ann. The MA did not say anything about KIDS HELPING KIDS when I made my purchase. That store is too small and it can get really crowded, but you guys/gals are some of the best MA's. Hats off to you all. Did you have freckles and two ponytails?

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
Gee whiz!! I was at the Columbia store. I knew it was World's AIDS day, but I did not know what the theme was. That's why I thought you were all dressed up like Raggedy Ann. The MA did not say anything about KIDS HELPING KIDS when I made my purchase. That store is too small and it can get really crowded, but you guys/gals are some of the best MA's. Hats off to you all. Did you have freckles and two ponytails?

OMG. You should've asked for me! Would've love to finally have met you. But yeah, we all wore pigtails and freckles and different coloured eyebrows. I was in the group with the purple eyebrows and the others had pink eyebrows.

But thank you so much on your compliment about the store really. You should write that to customer service *hint hint*
winks.gif
Our store does get ridiculously busy at times and it's nice to know that there are some customers out there that are patient like you because I swear we all, at the store, try our hardest to please everybody but we will always get a few that want to chew our heads off. Eh, it's the holidays -- people aren't exactly the nicest.
sneaky.gif

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
OMG. You should've asked for me! Would've love to finally have met you. But yeah, we all wore pigtails and freckles and different coloured eyebrows. I was in the group with the purple eyebrows and the others had pink eyebrows.

But thank you so much on your compliment about the store really. You should write that to customer service *hint hint*
winks.gif
Our store does get ridiculously busy at times and it's nice to know that there are some customers out there that are patient like you because I swear we all, at the store, try our hardest to please everybody but we will always get a few that want to chew our heads off. Eh, it's the holidays -- people aren't exactly the nicest.
sneaky.gif

I'm sorry that we did not meet, but I go in there all of the time and it's usually during the week or on Saturdays around 4:00. I will ask for you specifically for the next collection. I think it's "The Originals." While I was in there I noticed that there were a couple of impatient people. When I was looking at "The Stylistics" collection, this lady reached right over me to grab a lipgloss without saying excuse me or anything. I then proceeded to reach over her and look at every damn thing, brushes, gloss, etc. She gave me this look of disgust which I promptly returned. Nothing was coming between me and this collection.

Hey where was the guy that usually works there. I'm sorry I don't know his name, but he is awesome. He got me started with my first eyeshadow palette and helped me choose some great colors. He is oh so knowledgeable and patient.

DominicanBarbie

I just got my soft pout in the mail. When I first tried it on I had no makeup on and it looked ...bad,but then I tried it on with some lip liner and I actually like it. Its a peachy color on my two toned lips. When paird up with be seen lipglass it turns into such a pretty nude. The ma told me that be seen looks just like the white stylistics gloss I don't know the name off the top of my head.the gloss is white with gold pearl and its beautiful.it makes all my cool lippies look warmer! I have a picture of what soft pout looks like on my lips in the swatch forum. I am a nc44