Thinking of freelancing @ MAC again but need advice!

MeganAjaMakeup

Hi ladies! Sorry if this is long but I want to paint the right picture. I was hired as a Freeelance Mac artist lets say 2008 by a friend. This person said after the interview I was ready to start calling places and go work. This wasn't the case as I found out. Discouraged, I went back to my old job.

In 2010 I called Mac on spring and they directed me to a store where I had a real interview with a model. I got hired again did some work there and at another store both in Manhattan. Around xmas I had a week booked with one store and was happy. While at store number one I got a call that a close family member had a stroke so they told me I could leave early. The very next day at the store number two(where I had the upcoming week booked) I got a call that they passed away while I was on lunch. I was distraught and they told me to go be with family as well. I got a call the next day saying my hours the next week were cut. ALL OF THEM. There goes xmas money! They said it was because holiday wasn't doing as well as it should.

It left a bad taste in my mouth so I just moved on. I loved working there though and recently have wanted to try again. i called human resources and they said I would have to go to a store and try and get another interview because time has passed and I'm no longer active. Does this sound right to anyone? Did I get some sort of bad mark on myself for having to leave two stores? Should I try again basically from scratch?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

xStarryEyedX

Hi ladies! Sorry if this is long but I want to paint the right picture. I was hired as a Freeelance Mac artist lets say 2008 by a friend. This person said after the interview I was ready to start calling places and go work. This wasn't the case as I found out. Discouraged, I went back to my old job.

In 2010 I called Mac on spring and they directed me to a store where I had a real interview with a model. I got hired again did some work there and at another store both in Manhattan. Around xmas I had a week booked with one store and was happy. While at store number one I got a call that a close family member had a stroke so they told me I could leave early. The very next day at the store number two(where I had the upcoming week booked) I got a call that they passed away while I was on lunch. I was distraught and they told me to go be with family as well. I got a call the next day saying my hours the next week were cut. ALL OF THEM. There goes xmas money! They said it was because holiday wasn't doing as well as it should.

It left a bad taste in my mouth so I just moved on. I loved working there though and recently have wanted to try again. i called human resources and they said I would have to go to a store and try and get another interview because time has passed and I'm no longer active. Does this sound right to anyone? Did I get some sort of bad mark on myself for having to leave two stores? Should I try again basically from scratch?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
That is correct- once enough time passed (6 months I believe) you have to re-interview. I know with regular employees you can be marked as un-rehireable. I would have to assume it's the same with freelancers, and if that were the case HR probably would have had to say something about it? Or at least wouldn't have told you to go to another store to interview. Just go for it, you know how MAC is. Things are always changing with managers/DM's/trainers. Couldn't hurt right?

Latest posts