Tinted Lip Conditioner?

sel00187

I am thinking about getting one of these as I dont really want a gloss just yet. I havent seen them at the counter as I never really look at lip products. Has anyone used these and do you recomened them? Also what are ths shades like? thanks

intherain

I have Gentle Coral and it's a dream come true! It's sheer but adds a thinge of colour to my lips and is good enough to wear on its own without lipstick or liner. I hate using liners and lipsticks or lip glosses..they just make my mouth feel stuck together and fish-like, so lip conditioners and lip balms work fine for me. This lasts longer then any lip balm I've used, and it's really comfortable. The vanilla scent is lovely as well!

I'd recommend Gentle Coral for skin with yellowish undertones (a.k.a. Asian skin) and Plum Perfect for skin with pinkish/cool tones. But the best way to find out which colour works for you is to hop down to the nearest mac counter and give it a try.
smiles.gif

link
(the actual colour is a little more pinkish then the online swatch)

sel00187

thanks
smiles.gif
the US site has much more colours than the UK one i like the sound of Soothing Beige, but doubt theyl do it over here

ohhhhhthehorror

I think they are really nice. They are pretty sheer though, so don't expect a huge color payoff. I also prefer the sticks over the pots because when I am on the go I like to be able to just apply it without having to get a brush out. If you have a CCO near you they usually have the Lady Sol TLC pots and those ones had shimmer, they are super cute.

DaizyDeath

they have a vibrant hot pink, a more coral color, a darker kind of plum color and a clear i might be missing one but thats what i can recall right now.

they also come in sticks and pot form but the pot form is more mosturizeing although alot of people dont like it beacuse its less sanitary then the stick.

All of the colors go on sheer but will make your lips pop without them standing out 2 much. I personally think their a bit expensive forwhat you get but none the less i use mine alot.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...=CATEGORY18543
added a link so you can see for yourself^

lara

I use Fuchsia Fix TLC every day, it's a nice product. It's one of the few balms that doesn't dry my lips out (my lips respond really strongly to the humectants in most lip balms).

Some of the colours are a lot more tinted than they're given credit for - FF can look like a lip glaze rather than a sheer balm.
smiles.gif

bellaetoile

i'm especially partial to the ones in the plastic pots, and that's quite a feat, considering i normally dislike pot glosses, because you pretty much have to use your finger to apply them, unless you carry a lip brush around. still, the pot TLCs are really nice. they go on smoothly, they smell really nice, they don't taste like you're chewing on a candle, and best of all, they really do keep your lips soft. the color payoff ranges from very sheer, to moderately tinted. they don't last super long, but i still find they're very nice, and i don't mind re-applying them. i particularly love the ones from the lady sol collection (summerfete, baumy bronze, aquamelon), so if you happen across any of them, i'd get them, since they were LE from sometime last year. they were shimmery. the disney TLCs were just as nice, but didn't have any shimmer. the regular line ones, still, are really nice colors, and i'd recommend them just the same.

Glitziegal

I like the TLC's a lot.
My favourites were all unfortunately LE's.
Coquettish Clarice (a coral)
Daisy Daze (a hot pink)
and
Luella Pink Pink to make the boys wink (pale pink with shimmer)

tania_nia

I have regular TLC and Fushia Fix. I love them because they make the lip glass go on super smooth. I use Fushia Fix underneath Malibu Barbie lipglass and it looks great! Also I find that I don't need to apply as much lipcolor when I use these.