Too Faced Shadow Insurance has stopped working - massive creasing suddenly

ThePowderPuff

I have absolutely no idea what is happening to me? I have always used Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base, and it has always worked wonders. My eyeshadow would last all day without problems.

But all of a sudden it has stopped working. It's now 3 o'clock in the afternoon and my eyemakeup is a mess. I have tried all different eyeshadows and it's all the same. I have no idea what it is.

My Shadow Insurance is seperating a little bit. Could it have gone bad? It's not even a year old I think. Or what is wrong with my eyelids? It's really very annoying.

EDIT: Could it be the cold? It's freezing in Denmark at the moment, and my friend mentioned she had the same problem.

nychick1384

If the product has started separating and it's still less than a year old, try mushing the product around in the tube and see if you can kind of mix it back together. I had a tube of mine start separating and this helped some. It's weird that it's less than a year old and it's already doing this though. HTH

ThePowderPuff

I have tried that, but it still doesn't work on my eyelids? And I wonder why...
If the product has started separating and it's still less than a year old, try mushing the product around in the tube and see if you can kind of mix it back together. I had a tube of mine start separating and this helped some. It's weird that it's less than a year old and it's already doing this though. HTH

ThePowderPuff

A friend just told me, that she's experiencing the same problem. And it's very very cold in Denmark at the moment.

Could it be reacting to the freeze?

Meisje

My TFSI is almost two years old and is working fine.

I find some products don't work as well in heat but I've never had an issue with them not working in cold weather. It's certainly possible, though --- is your TFSI stored in an area that gets chilly?

One thing that really affects TFSI is how clean and oil-free your lid is prior to application. I make sure my eye area is clean and if I'm not showering that morning, I wash my eye area gently with very diluted soap and water, and rinse thoroughly, before putting on my TFSI. It also won't work if there is any residue from the day before. TFSI is hard to get off, so if you've forgotten to use waterproof eye makeup remover the day before, there may be invisible stuff left over.

twilightessence

I had the same issue last year. I personally have found TFSI doesn't work for me in the winter (but UDPP does) and in the summer it DOES work for me (but UDPP doesn't).... Its all very odd with the chemistry and yeah, the weather, I think.

NolAli

i have the same problem in the winter. So, I think that you are right, the cold causes it.

Latest posts