Too Faced Shadow Insurance?

CrystallineDoll

Does anyone use this? Is it any good?

My UDPP seems to be drying my lids out
001_unsure.gif
and I need an alternative. I came across this one and am just curious about it.

Thanks in advance

Becca.

MAC_Pixie04

Incredible product! The ingredients are almost the same as UDPP, there's like 4 or 5 that are different. I like the packaging better, since you can squeeze it out. It seems to be better at oil control and a lot smoother on the lid. We've been sold out of UDPP for almost two months now, so Shadow Insurance has been our godsend backup. Now that we have UDPP, we're still pushing shadow insurance because we like it quite a bit better.

It's not as dry as UDPP you'd probably really benefit from the Shadow Insurance if that's the problem you're having.

Tashona Helena

OMG I love this! I finally got to go to Sephora Friday...I picked up UPP...but then I was like, you know what, I really wanna try Too Faced SI...SO glad I did! I tried it Sunday, I used a l'oreal hip duo and milani shadows, so you can get an idea of the pigmentation. It lasted through a hectic day at work, even after when I crashed (yes, I slept with makeup on, bad me) it still stayed on, it was just some of the frost of the eyeshadow came off...understandable.

But to stay on that long: wonderful! especially with my crazy oily skin. So yes, buy it! You wont regret it. I never believed in eyeshadow primers (used to use shadesticks, paints, creme crayons...everything) but from here on out, I'm gonna make sure to have Shadow Insurance on hand.

Kuuipo

Too Faced First Base (and Second Base) are great eyeshadow bases too and won't dry your lids out-and they make your shadow far brighter on your lids (than UDPP).

astronaut

The First Base and Second Base were too greasy IMO. I think it's almost pretty much the same as using a CCB.

Kuuipo

They aren't greasy if you aren't using too much, they aren't greasy if your lids are on the dry side.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Too Faced First Base (and Second Base) are great eyeshadow bases too and won't dry your lids out-and they make your shadow far brighter on your lids (than UDPP).

Unfortunately, they're being discontinued soon because they have the consistency of a cream shadow, and really don't stay put as well as the new shadow insurance. Like astronaut said, it's pretty much like using a CCB.

Kuuipo

I guess I better get to Sephora and buy more First Base. Nothing has sver kept my shadows vibrant and crease free for a really long 20 hour workday! I'm going to have to try Insurance! I have a total love affair with First Base.

iheartcolor

I really like the First Base one (matte finish,right?) for eye shadows with glitter. Since the FB is sorta tacky, it REALLY holds the glitter in place, and not all under your eyes
greengrin.gif

-Lauren

anaibb

I just hope no one will kick my ass by saying this, but I'd rather use Too Faced than UDPP. It works amazingly!!!

Latest posts