too much??

pink_lily82

Sometimes I'll get looks/comments from relatives and it makes me a little self-conscious. But I realize that a couple of looks or comments isn't going to change what I do. I don't dress nice or put on makeup for anyone else but myself. People will always talk, it's how you see yourself that matters.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Yeah, I usually notice that I'm wearing more makeup than everyone else. I'm also usually more dressed up than everyone else. It doesn't bother me though. I like to be put together and I enjoy applying my makeup. "Most of the time" I get compliments from women anyway.

Not to piggyback on your post, but what annoys me is that every single celebrity/ "it" person du jours always says they don't like to wear makeup, or women shouldn't wear much makeup and how they think men don't like makeup. Trying hard to pretend they're perfect without it :/ it just annoys me, just coz you're wearing "neutral" makeup doesn't mean you're not wearing it.

Ok, I'm done
greengrin.gif

As one of my favorite MA's told me "I do neutral - just not nautral" -

BEA2LS

people probably think i wear too much make-up but it's far better than i feel with too little make-up on!

MiCHiE

Now that I think about this topic more....Do y'all ever notice that you're sort of "raising the stakes", makeup-wise, among friends and co-workers? Nobody really wore MU at my job. Then, ladies would come to work with a bit of shadow. I started wearing lashes and then lashes caught on....the same with different colors, blush, etc...It's like a movement LOL!

nelyanaphonexia

I used to feel the same way. Especially because women around me would say things to me about my makeup making me look "trashy" or something of that nature. I just didn't pay attention to them. I liked what I was wearing and enjoyed my makeup. I also noticed that some of the ladies I worked with started wearing makeup (not a lot, but more than they wore before) and one lady even wore a bright color of eyeshadow right before I left my job! I felt like I had converted some of them over to expression through makeup. It was a fun feeling.
greengrin.gif

I also noticed that something really similar happened in my classes while I was in college. None of my friends really wore makeup, and when I started wearing more than "neutral" makeup, I noticed other girls wearing darker and brighter colors too. Then before class one day, a couple girls in my art class came up to me and asked me what I was wearing. I told them I was wearing MAC and I found out that they were complete MAC addicts but were afraid of wearing bright and "fun" makeup to class because they had been "looked down upon" before in other classes. The rest of our semester was really fun together, sharing makeup ideas, combination and secrets.

So wear your makeup loud and proud! You never know who you might meet!
greengrin.gif

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Now that I think about this topic more....Do y'all ever notice that you're sort of "raising the stakes", makeup-wise, among friends and co-workers? Nobody really wore MU at my job. Then, ladies would come to work with a bit of shadow. I started wearing lashes and then lashes caught on....the same with different colors, blush, etc...It's like a movement LOL!

this is so true. i had a roommate couple of years back that never did anything as far as makeup or hair. of course i wear a lot of makeup, i also wear a lot of shit in my hair (headbands, bobby pins, scarfs, etc...) then all of a sudden she used to ask here and there could she borrow makeup or she would start going to target like 4 times a week to buy makeup and would always come and show me like she needed my approval or something and was buying the same hair things i used. same thing at my part time. none of them wore makeup but i would always come to work with my makeup on if i had to work a friday night, NOW??? they're all wearing shadows and mascaras and shit. lol!!
my head isn't big over it and i don't give myself ALL the credit but i get somewhat flattered by it
tong.gif

and i toot my own horn........ hehehe

BBJay

I had an epiphany just yesterday. My bestie said she didn't like the way I did my eye makeup and that I shouldn't do it like that anymore, and I realized, I didn't care. Its my face, my canvas, and my self expression. As long as I like what I've created, why does it matter if someone else thinks its too much or too bright or too loud.

Last week, I rocked a bold lip for the first time, and I loved it. People were shocked. Some people stared or pointed me out to their friends.Some would even gasp or their eyes would become as big as saucers at the sight of my lips. The point is, I was absolutely tickled with my lipstick, so points and stares didn't matter.