Top Coat Recommendations

burtnyks

Hello Ladies (and guys),

Can anyone recommend a good nail polish top coat? I normally polish my nails on Sunday and by Tuesday its already peeling/chipping. I typically use OPI polish and try to apply 2 very thin coats. Currently I am using OPI top coat and have tried Sally Hansen in the past. I can't seem to find anything that will make my polish last more than a few days!

Thanks!! :)

SparklingWaves

I like OPI nail polish, but not their base coat or top coat. I use total nail Rx shine on. You can find it at the drug store.

iSHi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Seché Vite. But, it must be used on top of wet polish.

2nd on the Seche Vite. The stuff is amazing; dries extremely fast, adds shine, and prevents chipping!
smiles.gif

burtnyks

Thanks ladies,

Any idea where I can find Seche Vite? I have Sephora, Ulta, and various drug stores. I have never heard of this stuff.

mollythedolly

Seche Vite? Usually available at Trade Secret as well as some drugstores.

I also like Brucci, which I find at Rite Aid. Very cheap and I've used it forever! I reapply this every 2 days (after I first paint them).

I use Glass Finish, it looks AWESOME over nail crystals/gems; it makes it look super sparkly compared to OPI's topcoat. Plus it has a cool effect when you paint it over the nails, feels so good!

MiCHiE

It may not even be your top coat. If your nails aren't prepped, polish (or any other enhancement) will not stay on. Take a very fine buffer to remove the shine from the nails. Use a base coat like Creative's Stickey to anchor the polish to the nails. And, don't let the polish dry very much in between coats.

burtnyks

Thanks. I will try out these suggestions. I actually bought the Seche Vite top coat and so far and very happy with it. I did see a little polish peeling on the tip of 1 nail, but I don't think I have the art of applying this stuff down yet.

Shadow

I've tried just about every brand out there. Duri's rejuvacote is by far the best. I put it on every couple of days and my manicure lasts for two weeks. It's a little pricey but it's worth it. You can find it in drug stores, etc.