travel makeup bag question ..

kyashi

hey everyone .. i am eye-ing the carry-all mac makeup bag right now by its description but i want to see what is actually looks like opened up .. if you have it could you please please show me via pics please .. =) .. if not:

i hear it has slots to put ur brushes in and it carries everything else .. could anyone also please suggest any other alternatives i could buy that is similar to the carry-all mac ...

Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

archangeli

This is what my carry-all looks like when it's stuffed full of stuff:

453141136_ee3697f7ce.jpg

On the "short ends" there are slip-in pockets (1 on each side), and 2 "bottle loops" (2 on each side). You can see this best on the right side of the picture. I can fit my 100mL bottle of Purity cleanser, contact lens solution, AfterBite pen and some hair clips in those 2 loops. I have a contact lens case slipped into the pocket on the side.

On the long side where the mirror is there's a zip pocket. If you've read the "Shopaholic" novels, it seems like the perfect place to stash an "emergency credit card"
winks.gif

Along the inside of the front edge there are 4 more "slip-in" pockets. I have a magnifying mirror in one of them, and that's it. You can't fit too much in there.

To create a bit of order I put in a plastic divider from an old Body Shop makeup case. I have my brushes in a fold-up brush holder. To see what all that stuff looks like spread out....Click here!

kyashi

thank you archangeli .. i like your folding brush holder .. where did u get it ? is that the same as this carry all (link below)? .. i found it on the mac website .. i thought it would be a bit smaller .. like something i can pop into my (huge) handbag .. hehe .. but i like the look of yours when my collection gets bigger .. its only tiny now ..

http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...ID=PROD1 0989

archangeli

It's the same MAC Carry-All, except I bought mine *counts mentally* 4 summers ago so it's the shiny patent finish. They've changed it now to the worsted wool finish. I like the shiny version better- easier to clean if I get water or something splashed on it.

It's certainly NOT something you'd throw in your purse!
greengrin.gif
When I put it into my roll-aboard suitcase it takes up about 1/3- 1/4 of the space in there. When I have to do an international flight (and shopping takes priority) I downsize. (I need to post a picture of that, hehe).

The fold-up brush holder is made by Quo, which is a local drugstore line up here in Canada. I think it's been discontinued or I'd offer to CP. I bought it when I was still in high school :S

kyashi

I'm from australia and i think the only way i can get a good cheap brush holder is to buy a cheap set . but what a waste to throw those poor unloved brushes away ..

i think what im after is the brush clutch i think .. if u remember its similar to yours .. do you think they still sell it ? or was it LE ? .. i really want something like that ..