• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

trend mac palette cateye look

godzillaxahhhhhh

must i put that this is my first tutorial!!! so bear with me i have no idea what i'm doing....

so im recreating this look
PA250465.jpg

PA250470.jpg

first you start with the basic foundation a powder....
then filling in the eyebrows...i used warm by clinique
PA270098.jpg

then i used the mac holiday palette in trend (the olive green one).
i used gingersoft as a highlight
PA270098.jpg

then of to the gorgeous gold. i put the gold on half my lid.
PA270101.jpg

then i put on the tease n' teal on the other half
PA270103.jpg

i continued that color over the crease
PA270104.jpg

then i put the gorgeous gold on the bottom inner half of the eye
PA270105.jpg

and the tease n' teal on the other bottom half
PA270106.jpg

now i used a simmery black by smashbox but you can also use carbon by mac on the outter coner lid
PA270108.jpg

then i used a stick black eyeliner, estee lauder-softsmudge black, and lined my whole eye
PA270110.jpg

and...on to my favorite part....the liquid. i started with the inner and then towards the outside of the eye....i find it easier to do it all in one stroke, quick not slow if you do it slow it tends to be more shakey...
so line the top and bottom, i used lorel liner intense
PA270111.jpg

then mascara and curl the lashes
PA270113.jpg

and basicly your done after that...but if you want something extra for a club/party/halloween/justbecauseyourfunlikethat then follow these steps:

now put the teal and gold in a swirl pattern or any way you like
PA270117.jpg

and then freehand a design with the liquid...i chose to do leaves and vines
PA270118.jpg

PA270119.jpg

well there it is love it or hate it
graucho.gif

Grace

that is totally awesome, great job! i'm not even going to try the freehand drawing though....that's a disaster waiting to happen with me.

aziajs

You did a very nice job. When I originally saw it in the FOTD section I thought it was too intimidating to try but now that you took it step by step I think I could do it.

OliveButtercup

This was so extremely informative. Thanks a lot, you look amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
that is totally awesome, great job! i'm not even going to try the freehand drawing though....that's a disaster waiting to happen with me.

rofl.gif

Magpie

Amazing look, I might just give it a try, although I know you are making the cat's eye liner look way easier than it is!!

How long did it take you to be able to do it so perfectly??? I'd love to be able to do it in one long quick sweep, better get practicing i guess!

mzmehshell

I never thought of actually drawing with a liquid eyeliner. That's a great idea I should try it sometime!