Two Mac demo interviews?

alexandrianc19

Okay so I had my demo interview on Monday. I brought my mother in as a model. She's very shy and quiet but overall, very friendly and gorgeous. Anyway, the ladies interviewing me were very nice. They timed me to gather my products and do the makeup application, which was supposed to be 30 minutes all together. I was not expecting that since most people on here said they were given unlimited time to gather products. But oh well. In a real life makeup application, you don't have unlimited time to get your products so I thought that was fair. I didn't know where anything was so that kind of killed my time and I was ridiculously nervous. They gave me a picture of Selena Gomez with a pretty thick winged eyeliner and smokey eye, nude lips, etc. The scenario was my mom wanted the look in the picture and had just gotten a $200 giftcard so we needed to stay within that budget.
Okay no big deal. I started grabbing products by sections. I would grab products for the face, apply the makeup, grab the products for the eyes, apply the makeup, etc, etc. What I should have done was grab everything at once and do the makeup but I didn't want to overwhelm myself at the beginning. Plus, I was unsure if I had to grab everything by myself or ask for help since I didn't know where anything was in that particular counter. Still unsure if that's okay or not.

I went over my time by 14 minutes which sucks but the makeup looked nice. A tad bit unsymmetrical but they really seemed to like it. They even said they were very impressed by my product knowledge and I had known more about certain products than they did! They could tell I had done my research. They also liked my color theory knowledge despite me not being specifically trained on that ever. They thought my cheek color choice and lip color choice was absolutely beautiful. They obviously liked that I asked to touch her face before applying any makeup. I was selling throughout the entire application which they liked a lot. They liked that I didn't use a ton of products and stayed within the given budget. And I also explained exactly what I was doing so my client could repeat the look at home if she so desired.

They told me I needed to grab all my products in one go to save time. They also noticed a tattoo on my arm that I had covered by wearing long sleeves because I wanted to keep everything professional during the interviews with minimal distractions. I guess I rolled my sleeve up during the application and they caught a peek of it. They said they wished I had shown off my tattoos because that's their image right there. Being edgy and different. Duh I should have known that. Don't know what I was thinking wearing a cardigan. Anyway, they said they'd call me in a few days with their final decision.

Fast forward to today and I get a call from MAC wondering if I can go in for ANOTHER demo interview with a different model. My mom was too quiet I guess and they want someone with more energy. I'm bringing my little sister this time. It's a week from now.
Honestly, I'm very disappointed that I have to put my nerves through this again. Dx I am honored to be given a second chance but I'm so worried I'll blow it this time or do worse than last time. I really could use some good advice or tips. Has this happened to anyone before? Is this a good thing? I have a whole week to really practice my butt off but I'm so scared. I want this position so badly (freelance artist) and I do have a passion for this and I think a great talent for it as well. I thought the hard part was over with. Also, any tips on ways to close a sale at MAC? Thanks guys! First time poster here. lol