Vanity Potential

*Moni-Luv*

Hey Specktra! So I'm on the hunt for a new vanity. Problem is I'm also searching for a new bedroom set too. So it should be easy to find a vanity since I can pretty much pick and choose what it will go with, right?? Well...it's not working! I want dark wood for my room and I've been to a bunch of furniture stores/antique shops/etc. And no luck finding the one that is "just right".

Well, while I as at IKEA this weekend I found this computer desk. It's the ALVE secretary with add-on shelf. There is also a matching bench that slides right underneath for added storage. (the link below has a better pic that IKEA's website)

http://www.dinside.no/km_bilde/5/2379885.jpg

I figured I would use those rubbermaid X-boxes and drawers from Staples to put most of my makeup. Brushes will be in glass containers (sephora style) and I can place my lighted mirror right in th middle and slide whatever i need in and out. And after I'm done...It closes up and there's no obvious clutter. I'm just hoping it holds all my makeup. The shelves are pretty deep (especially the bottom shelf. And there is a skinny drawer right under that is about 2" deep and would hold more product. But I' open to ideas on added organization!!!!

So I thought I'd share this with you all. I'm hoping to buy it (unless I find something else) in the next few weeks. Wish me luck!

Primula

That's beautiful! I think it'll make a great vanity
smiles.gif
Good luck!

almmaaa

I think that would make a great vanity to hide your stuff when not in use. I would looove to get one of those too. Whats the price of it?

*Moni-Luv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by almmaaa
I think that would make a great vanity to hide your stuff when not in use. I would looove to get one of those too. Whats the price of it?

Well...the two pieces are seperate so all together it's like $300. I know that's a lot but I like the whole "hide your stuff when not in use" concept plus it'll second as a desk for my laptop! I'm hoping to get it this weekend and I'll post pics of the finished product. I just hope it fits all my stuff!

MiCHiE

Why don't you take a look at the MALM collection while you're at IKEA. The Dressing Table seems to a popular vanity choice and it's only $149. It would probably look better in a bedroom setting, also.

*Moni-Luv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Why don't you take a look at the MALM collection while you're at IKEA. The Dressing Table seems to a popular vanity choice and it's only $149. It would probably look better in a bedroom setting, also.

I originally wanted that but I don't have the room for it and it wouldn't hold all my products. Thanks for the tip though!

ri0tdorque

I think it will work wonderfully! And thanks because you just gave me inspiration to covert my desk/shelf that's similar into maybe a new vanity area for right now until I figure out what I want to do exactly. Hope it turns out well!