Very Dry Lips

I have very dry lips. So when I put lipstick on or a dry lip color on you can see where the dryness in my lips are and it looks like little valleys. I have tried using medication chapstick to get rid of this and even keeping my lips moistured all of the time with glosses and nothing is working. Can anyone help me out??

Thanks!

OfficerJenny

I generally just cry

What I do is take a tiny tiny tiny bit of my facial exfoliator and useit on my lips, then use a damp washcloth to rub it off, followed by letting my face moisturizer soak on my lips for a couple of minutes. My lips are smooth as cheesecake afterwords, perfect for applying lipstick!

ClaireAvril

MAC has a lip refinisher.. one side exfoliator.. other conditioner.. I love it.. just always keep your lips moistened.

OfficerJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
MAC has a lip refinisher.. one side exfoliator.. other conditioner.. I love it.. just always keep your lips moistened.

Unfortunately this product was a limited edition with the Neo Sci Fi/ Solar Fields/ Future Earth 3 part collection :<

rebekah

i have very dry lips and using lipgloss can actually dry your lips out further.
i have your same problem where i would have to try and wear chapstick withlipstick on top and it would just look like crap and if i just wore lipstick it would show my flakey lips..

try this lipstick by Avon's Mark line.. "Dew Drenched Moisturlicious Lip Color" , i like the color "Toffee" because it's a really natural color. The thing about this lipstick is that it can be layered multiple times without looking like you've got tons of lipstick on, as it is more like chapstick. I use it in leiu of chapstick.

my mark store is http://rmalicki.mymarkstore.com/ if you want to try the lipstick, it is $6 (totally amazing price for an amazing product if you ask me :p )

makeba

try exfoliating your lips and applying carmex on them. you can get the carmex at walgreens, cvs, rite aid stores. this too could be a sign that your body is thirsty and needs more water. so make sure you drink plenty of water.

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
try exfoliating your lips and applying carmex on them. you can get the carmex at walgreens, cvs, rite aid stores. this too could be a sign that your body is thirsty and needs more water. so make sure you drink plenty of water.

I use Carmex Medix (it's in the blue tub). It's heavily medicated, and it's super moisturizing. I put it on in the morning and CAKE it on at night and it's helped a lot.

If you can't find an exfoliator, just use your toothbrush. I do, and it works great. It's what the MA at MAC told me to do once. I do it every other day and my lips are soft.

MzzRach

My holy grail lip moisturizer is Nuxe Reve de Meil (Honey) lip balm.

My lips are never chapped because of this product. Worth every penny and the jar lasts for ages because you need very little to get the job done. Also fantastic under lipstick/gloss.

This is most definitely a "desert island" product for me.

chirufus

I use Neocica from Laboratories Filorga during the night and through the day mac lip conditioner SPF 15 also under my lipstick or lip gloss.

Lissa

I have very dry lips too and the only thing I've tried that has helped me is the Dr Hauschka lipbalm. It instantly soothed them and when I used that, within days the dryness had gone.

I agree too about the toothbrush or wet face cloth to exfoliate. I let lip balm sink in for a few minutes first then exfoliate.

I have been using lately laura Mercier's Lip Silk which is a thick balm that is meant to exfoliate - I use it overnight and whilst I'm not sure if it actually exfoliates, it hasn't done any harm and is very moisturising

amourbliss

My lips get super dry as well and I've been using...1 wk...Benefit's Lipscription..it works so well for mine...which get peely and cracked super wuick the only down side is the price $32...I saw Tarte's lipfrxtion today in sephora and may try that since it's a lipstick that is half sugar exfoliater half conditioner!! (sorry for the horrid spelling)