Very very basic questions

astronaut

Hi everyone. I really want a job at MAC working as a freelancer. It's something I really want and don't want to mess up so I'm really planning out every little detail lol. I plan to start applying in about 2-3 months. I have some questions that I guess are supposed to be common knowledge so please don't laugh at me!

I've only had one job and it was at Macy's. All I had to do was apply online, got an email to the group interview, and I was pretty much set from there. I've never applied for a job that required a resume
wondering.gif
I'll be working on my resume during the holiday season. I don't know how to even go about getting an application from MAC! After reading the "How not to get hired at MAC" thread, I got that I should walk in well dressed and made up. Is it best to wear all black? Can I just walk up to any available artist and ask them for an application? Do I fill out the application at the location and turn my resume in as well at the same time? Or should I take the application home, fill it out, and then come back to turn in the resume with the application? I don't want to seem like a nuisance and take up anyone's time. I really want to make a good impression so I just want everything to go smooth and perfect as much as possible. Any additional information would be helpful. Thank you and again, please don't laugh
ssad.gif
lol.

Katura

My recomendation...dress nice, doesnt have to be all black, but look trendy and well put together. Makeup needs to be awesome. Come in with your resume in hand and ask for an application. Most times, you can fill out the app in store and leave both with them. Be knowledgeable, friendly, and easy going and dont let them brush you off with a 'we're not hiring' thing...MAC is always looking for people.

Good luck!

If you want help with your resume let me know! I'd be glad to help!

Chrissi Star

Go in and pick up the application, go home, fill it out and work on your resume. Make sure its well written, and gramatically correct. Have some people check it over too. Bring you're resume & the application back to the manager. You might call ahead to make sure he/she will be there. When you go in, I suggest you wear all black, and have some bangin makeup on. Introduce yourself and hand them your stuff! I heard something the next day.
smiles.gif
good luck!

astronaut

Thank you for the advice ladies! Katura, when you say apply the application there, where exactly would you suggest doing it? MAC's not always the roomiest area and I'm afraid of getting in the way of the artists and customers. I'd assume I shouldn't be using any counter space so should I bring a clipboard? Also, what should I do if someone tells me they aren't hiring? If someone told me that I'd just thank them and shamefully walk away lol.

Oh, one more question! Since I want to freelance, would it make any difference on which MAC location I apply at? There are about 3 counters and a store lying around here. Thank you!

astronaut

LOL!!!! I went to the MAC store today and asked for an application so I could take it home and fill it out. The woman I talked to I believe is the manager because I remember she's helped me before and she said, "Excuse me for a moment. He needs me to verify the return and I'm the only manager here right now. I'll be right back". Anyway, she said that they don't have people fill out applications and all I had to do was drop off a resume and once you get hired is when they have you fill out stuff... I was like REALLY!? haha She was nice
smiles.gif

baybehbekah

i think it varies on location to location. i went to the a counter and she had me fill out an application w/ my resume and then the store just did everything from my resume and i never filled out an application. so i would be prepared for anything! good luck!
smiles.gif