• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

violet/purple nyx look

spencoh

heres some things you will want to have

q.jpg

from left to right, purple nyx eyeliner,prestige liquid liner, fluidline, black eyeshadow,<br> lash exact and almay mascara, purple and violet by nyx,a light color to highlight with,duo lash glue, fashion lashes, lash curler, nyc concealer stick,<br>and for brushes i used a foundation brush to blend in the base, a few different liner brushes, and about 10 different brushes to blend and apply shadow

first start off with a clean face
qq.jpg

prime your eyes with the nyc concealer stick

qqq.jpg

then take a big fluffy brush and highlight, i like to pack it on from the crease all the way to my eyebrows, its good to pack on alot of it because it makes it easier to blend, at least for me
qqqq.jpg

next take a small-ish brush and layer on some violet, in the pics i only put it on two thirds of my lid, but go ahead and put it all over the lid.
qqqqq.jpg

now i like to use my crease brush for this (round but it kinda comes to a dull point at the tip) and i pack on some purple everywhere, not on the violet though obviously, leave a little space under your brows
qqqqqq.jpg

now, take the same brush and get some black eyeshadow on it, not to much, you want to build up darkness, not get it all over your face haha<br>take the brush and dab the color where you want it
qqqqqqq.jpg

take your brush and do a windsheild wiper motion, spreading out the black, try to focus on keeping it darker towards your outter v, and let it get lighter the closer it gets to the inside of your eye
qqqqqqqq.jpg

right after that i like to re-apply violet on the lid, and more highlight under my brow
qqqqqqqqqq.jpg

now repeat the last couple of steps, dab on some black, smear it in
q13.jpg

once again, add more violet and more highlight, blending pretty much everywhere

now for the eyeliner, im not going to take up space by redoing another eyeliner tut, so follow my eyeliner tutorial to do this
q14.jpg

curl your lashes
q15.jpg

one layer of lash exact
q16.jpg

one layer of almay
i lost the pic for this somehow

now for the fake lashes, put a thin layer of duo on, tilt your head back while looking into a mirror and posistion the lashes at the base of your real ones, barely on your skin
q16.jpg

take fluidline and line your top waterline (linelineline haha im a dork)
q18.jpg

eyebrows baby
q19.jpg

now to finish it off line half of your bottom waterline and half under your bottom waterline with purple nyx liner
q20.jpg

tadaa
101_0297.jpg

101_0311.jpg

Katura

You look great!

I have a super hard time lining my top waterline....my eyes get all SUPER watery....help?? SUggestions??

MiSSJDM

I Love the colors!!
smiles.gif
so pretty!!

&& omggggggg my store finally carries NYX brushes!!
I was goin hysterical in the store when i saw them last night!
lol

Jaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
You look great!

I have a super hard time lining my top waterline....my eyes get all SUPER watery....help?? SUggestions??

You could try using a pencil for the top, I find it easier.
smiles.gif

spencoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
You look great!

yeah you could use a pencil, but use a good one like the ones at mac that are supposed to be waterproof and whatnot, i just use fluidline and a dull liner brush because fluidline tends not to get on my bottom waterline unlike regular pencil liners

Another Janice!

Ok....I love this look. I posted about the FOTD recently.

Where do you find NYX makeup? I've never heard of it, and when I go to the site under "find a store", it tells me "under construction"!

Damnit!

spencoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
you are so awesome. you blend perfectly. and don't get me started on how much i love your frickin eyebrows.

thankya very much
and really? even after seeing them all nasty before i draw em on? haha
thankyou<33

spencoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Janice!
Ok....I love this look. I posted about the FOTD recently.

Where do you find NYX makeup? I've never heard of it, and when I go to the site under "find a store", it tells me "under construction"!

Damnit!

hmmm
this wont be very helpfull but i noticed they pretty much only sell at perfume stores, and ive heard that longs has it, whatever longs is haha
and some walmarts if your lucky