Violet Voss Cosmetics

MaryJane

I've seen a few mixed reviews about this palette. For the most part, in the reviews, the pigmentation and quality are OK and on the same level as Coastal Scents and Morphe. Having said that, I wonder if this palette is overpriced? CS and Morphe are much cheaper.

These are definitely my colors but there doesn't seem to be much variation.

GreenEyedAllie

Um.....I haven't actually used.....any of the Holy Grail, Drenched Metals, or the Laura Lee palettes I have. :loser:

I recently saw a video of someone complaining about finger swatches being amazing for these vs brush swatches being crap (used the Chikuhodo GSN-9 brush), so I did my own test with the Holy Grail palette. I did brush swatches on top of primer using a MAC 239 brush and didn't have any problems.

I'll update more once I'm able to use them on the eyes. I think the Laura Lee palette is the most versatile.

Thanks for the info! I'm debating each of the 3 palettes, but I'm like how different are they? And how many warm neutrals can a girl need? Lol!

boschicka

I've seen a few mixed reviews about this palette. For the most part, in the reviews, the pigmentation and quality are OK and on the same level as Coastal Scents and Morphe. Having said that, I wonder if this palette is overpriced? CS and Morphe are much cheaper.

Yeah, I don't know what it was about these palettes that pushed me to buy them. I never buy CS or Morphe, and I don't like that they are made in China, but for some reason these were calling to me. I'll stick to Dose of Colors from now on.

leonah

I heard they are basically the same as morphe and so on from China and same cheap quality with "bad" ingredients first and that they may swatch pretty well but on the eye they fade quickly and is hard to blend/layer/get pigment on your eye without like spraying fix+ like crazy. I was going to buy the HG palette but I think I will just pay that money for ABH modern renaissance instead.

GreenEyedAllie

Yeah, I don't know what it was about these palettes that pushed me to buy them. I never buy CS or Morphe, and I don't like that they are made in China, but for some reason these were calling to me. I'll stick to Dose of Colors from now on.

I heard they are basically the same as morphe and so on from China and same cheap quality with "bad" ingredients first and that they may swatch pretty well but on the eye they fade quickly and is hard to blend/layer/get pigment on your eye without like spraying fix+ like crazy. I was going to buy the HG palette but I think I will just pay that money for ABH modern renaissance instead.

Oh yikes! Didn't realize that. This may sound snobbish, but I tend to stay away from cosmetics made in China, if possible. The quality control is just not there as we've seen over and over again (baby formula, dog food, etc.), and cosmetics go on some sensitive places. This has probably just turned into a hard pass for me....money saved!

boschicka

Oh yikes! Didn't realize that. This may sound snobbish, but I tend to stay away from cosmetics made in China, if possible. The quality control is just not there as we've seen over and over again (baby formula, dog food, etc.), and cosmetics go on some sensitive places. This has probably just turned into a hard pass for me....money saved!

Yup. That's my issue as well. Didn't realize they were made in China until too late. Dose of Colors Hidden Treasures palette is made in the USA. eta: Next time I'll do my research before blindly buying THREE palettes...over time....dang shiny objects always get me!

Last edited:

leonah

yeah it turned me off as well as I was close to buy both morphe and VV but changed my mind. I mean alright ABH glow kits are made in China but norvina and ABH company has a close watch on the products although I'm not sure why they made these in China since their shadows and so on are made in the US.

boschicka

The shadows didn't fade on me and they blended fine, but they were nowhere near as intense as in the pan. I'd say these are a skip for most people.

Jayjayy

The palettes do seem a bit overpriced. Pan size appears to be smaller and shallow. Plus I don't like buying items with no return policy, especially at such a price point. I think the standards of the factory are more important than being manufactured in China so that doesn't bother me *too* much. Or maybe I just prefer to remain ignorant lol. The chemicals in our food already has me all freaked out haha. You're right about lack of color variation, too.

I love Coastal Scents hot pots! I've outgrown their larger palettes but the single shadows are amazing. The larger Morphe palettes are okay, definitely better quality than the 100 color Ebay palettes.

Used the Holy Grail palette today. I'm not one to brag, but I might look like I have pink eye.

:rofl: Werk it honey!! Weeeerk!

boschicka

The palettes do seem a bit overpriced. Pan size appears to be smaller and shallow. Plus I don't like buying items with no return policy, especially at such a price point. I think the standards of the factory are more important than being manufactured in China so that doesn't bother me *too* much. Or maybe I just prefer to remain ignorant lol. The chemicals in our food already has me all freaked out haha. You're right about lack of color variation, too.

I love Coastal Scents hot pots! I've outgrown their larger palettes but the single shadows are amazing. The larger Morphe palettes are okay, definitely better quality than the 100 color Ebay palettes.

:rofl: Werk it honey!! Weeeerk!

:rotfl:

theparfumfairy

I have never heard of Violet Voss until I started following trendmood1. I have been hesitant to purchase because I am not sure if this is a Instagram fad or reputable company. After reading this thread, I think I might not purchase.

Latest posts