Wearing Makeup in the Summer.

MACisME

any good tips/suggestions on how to keep makeup for melting off your face in the sun? i hate sweating!
weeping.gif

Beauty Mark

Well, I don't wear much makeup on incredibly hot days. I try to wear as little as possible, including makeup.

I use Fluidline just because I love how it looks, but it also doesn't melt off during the summer. I use stains on my lips with some SPF balm. I keep it simple.

faifai

Try to wear as little as you can get away with!
smiles.gif
I live in AZ, where our summers average around 110-115 degrees (even at midnight, it rarely gets below 95).

I avoid wearing foundation (if I need any coverage I mix a bit of MAC Select Tint in with my sunscreen).

Fluidlines and Liquidlast liners are both very long lasting. For non-MAC, Prestige makes a really nice waterproof pencil eyeliner that comes in interesting colors. Wet 'n' Wild makes my very favorite dark grey liquid liner, it's $4 and called H2O Proof liquid liner. It doesnt look as harsh as black but still enhances eyes.

Maybelline Volum Express Turbo waterproof is an amazing lengthening mascara that wears like iron.

I stay away from lipstick anyway, but summer is an especially good time to wear lipgloss instead. It looks fresher and lighter. Alternately, you could use a lip stain and then use clear lipgloss over it to provide moisture without having to frequently re-apply like you would a lipstick.

To keep foundation from getting greasy looking, use blotting linens and set your foundation with powder if you feel you must have the coverage. Boscia makes really nice blotting linens, they come in packages of 100/$10. They're each big enough to do your whole face and neck. Sally Hansen makes a very good mattifying, colorless powder called Cornsilk. Get the "no color" variety so it can go over any foundation or powder you're already wearing. It keeps my face looking fresh even in AZ heat.

Shimmer

Faifai gave great advice. Don't expect a lot out of makeup during the summer. :/
Tinted moisturizer, fluidline, and good lip balm is all that really holds up in the heat.

Too much eyeshadow looks REALLY bad once you start sweating, same goes with drawn on brows. :/

faifai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Too much eyeshadow looks REALLY bad once you start sweating, same goes with drawn on brows. :/

Oh my God did I learn that the hard way. I made the mistake of overtweezing and having really high maintenance brows that need to be almost entirely filled in. Imagine my shame when I glanced in the window of a store I was passing the other day and realized that just one of my brows had faded away from the heat! The other was still going strong.
lmao.gif

Shimmer

OH yeah.
ORRRR you get the sweat rivulets down your face so you've got lines in your foundation.

NOT SEXY.

ThiicknSeskii

The make up for ever waterproof eyebrow corrector is perfect for summer its waterproof and doesn't really budge until u rub it off and Revlon color stay foundation is a bitch to get off it lasts thru everything.
smiles.gif

saj20052006

Keep it simple. Little shimmer on the eyes. Lipglass/Stain and no foundation. If you have to use Foundation, use a powder.

xiahe

maybe use a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation or nothing at all except powder. lipgloss (no heavy lipstick) or lipstains, maybe a nice cream blush, fluidline, waterproof mascara. it should be kept as simple as possible.

ARmakeupjunkie

My big summer or warm weather makeup thing to do was to go without foundation and just use powder. Everything else was the same. Now, I go without foundation and powder. I save it for special events or nights out. I use Strobe cream on clean and moisturized skin, eyeshadows, mascara, blush, and lips as normal. I look fresh and I don't get as oily. The color is almost a most but the foundation and powder are not.
smiles.gif

User49

Benefit Benetint is good for summertime. It's a lip and cheek stain so it stays put. And contrary to what it looks like, when u put it on ur skin it is natural looking, not too red! Waterproof mascara helps too!

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
OH yeah.
ORRRR you get the sweat rivulets down your face so you've got lines in your foundation.

NOT SEXY.

LOL!!
lmao.gif

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiicknSeskii
Revlon color stay foundation is a bitch to get off it lasts thru everything.
smiles.gif

you all are cracking me up!!!
rofl.gif

surfdiva

I can't stand to have foundation or powder on my face during hot weather so I just blot with Shisheido Blotting papers. I second the Fluidlines as well!

glittergoddess27

Just a very light layer of translucent powder, Liquidlasts, Fluidlines, and always base out with paint, I switch to pencil only for my brows, waterproof mascara and a nice supply of Ben Nye Final Seal.
smiles.gif
Gotta keep that summer glitter on my face.