Wet to Dry flat irons, thoughts?

Dreamergirl3

Have any of you used those wet to dry flat irons? T3 makes one, Herstyler makes one...I've always wanted to know if they're a good investment.

If you have one or used one, how did you like it? Was your hair frizzy at all? Did you see damage? Do you love it?

TexasBelle

I have a Remington wet to dry flat iron, but usually just use it when my hair is dry. I've used it on wet hair a few times and didn't notice any problems (no frizziness, etc.). . . but haven't used on wet hair often enough to be able to say whether or not there would be damage over time.

jetplanesex

I have the Remington one as well and I only use it when dry. The few times I have used it wet it gave my hair a really, really weird texture and made it seem greasy, not to mention it was incredibly hard to style it any further, ie, add body and volume. Works great dry, though.

moopoint

I have an Evelyn Charles wet to dry flat iron, I only use it after I blow dry my hair. I dunno, I just prefer the volume from the blow dryer.

usmcwife27

the remington one is actually good believe it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
Have any of you used those wet to dry flat irons? T3 makes one, Herstyler makes one...I've always wanted to know if they're a good investment.

If you have one or used one, how did you like it? Was your hair frizzy at all? Did you see damage? Do you love it?

ClaireAvril

i have never used one of these so maybe I am wrong.. but i saw my friend use one of those things in her hair in front of me and I scolded her.. i don't see how clamping wet hair in between hot plates and burning it straight could be good for your hair.
Flat irons in general are evil.. (i have one and i try to use it only once a week).. you use them and style your hair daily with it but over time after constant use your hair gets damaged and broken.

Makeup Emporium

Haven't bought one myself but my stylist uses one on my hair everytime I go and it works great! Not sure I could do as well as her though. I think I need a personal stylist to follow me around.

ruthless

I also was interested, and it's not so much wet to dry as damp to dry. I decided against it simply because I try to do most of my straightening with a big brush and a low heat setting on my dryer.

HerShe

If you like the sound of your hair frying
nope.gif
...why not?

Simply Elegant

I have one and it barely works and looks weird when I use it on damp hair. Mine works really well when my hair is dry though and hasn't damaged my hair. I can style it once and then it stays straight for 4 days before getting oily.

MzzRach

I've never understood how one could flat iron wet hair, and have it dry it in the process of ironing, so I've never given one a go. From what I have read so far in this thread, sounds like I made the right choice.

chiquilla_loca

i have a herstyler wet to dry iron. bought it from ebay. i have used it with my hair wet (towel dried) and it worked fine. i only use it once & in a while. not every day since i don't have a lot of time to do my hair in the morning. i like the results it gives me.

MrsRjizzle

The thought of keeping 200 to 400 degrees of heat on my hair long enough to dry it makes me cringe. my flat iron can be used this way but i ever have. I just dont think it can be good for your hair. just imo

MACLovin

I have a Solia flat iron. It's NOT a wet-to-dry, but the instructions say you can use it when your hair is *slightly* damp... i'm talking about 70-80% dry or something, not soaking wet or even towel dried.

I would never use one of those for straight up wet hair. You're basically steaming the inside of the hair shaft. That cannot be good for your hair!!!
shockt.gif

Brie

I have a Remington one. My hair is already so damaged i just thought what the hell!
But i only use it in emergencies when I'm running late. Drys my hair basically in no time at all, (i only use it when its almost dry already, not sopping wet)