What are your makeup must-haves for travel??

PinkBasset

I have a lot to learn how to travel light lol! Last summer on my trip to Barcelona and Andorra I realized I had way too much with me, my make up took large section of my suitcase and it weighed a ton! So my last trip I tried to take it "minimal", but I still had quite much. The Mac items I take with me when I travel are from the permanent line because I would be sad if my beloved le product went missing/broken.

I had selfmade 3 e/s quads, two lipsticks, two lipglosses, foundation (in a plastic travel jar), primer (also travel jar), tinted moisturiser with spf (again in travel jar), MSFN, undereye concealer, another concealer, two blushes, three mascaras (one waterproof), eyeshadow primer, one shadestick, two eyeliner pens and the penultimate liner, one sample sized pigment, eyebrow pencil, essential brushes, brush cleanser in mini bottle, lip conditioner, two pairs of lashes, lashglue, tweezers.

Among those I had skincare stuff obviously. The improvement was that I didn't take my full sized things like I used to, instead I packed them in those little plastic travel jars so that saved me some space and weight. I will be travelling again in couple of weeks so this time I try to think what else could I leave home and not miss.
smiles.gif

cipelica

-MSFN
-Select cover up
-Blushbaby, Pink Swoon, Fleur power
-Russian red, Creme D Nude
-Feline
-Mascara
-Smudge brush, 219, 217, 266
-4 neutral eyeshadows
-Painterly

anita22

I go away for lots of short trips so I have a general list that I tend to stick to. (Actually I just got back last night from Switzerland - it was lovely!). I also hoard things that come in mini sizes just for travel ;-)

- Compact foundation (Bobbi Brown or Dior)
- NARS concealer duo
- ELF Mineral eyeshadow primer
- MAC brow pencil in Stud
- 2 x eye palettes, one neutral, one coloured. This time I took Dior quints in Ready to Glow and Petal Shine
- Benefit Powderazzi palette (contains minis of Dallas, Hoola & Coralista)
- Mini Stila Convertible Colour in Peony
- 2 x MAC mini holiday lipglasses
- 2 x mini Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils
- Mini mascara (this time I took a sample of Diorshow Blackout)
- Blot powder
- A few basic brushes (mostly ELF since I don't like taking my good brushes)

Door

I always take the full makeup with as few products as I can. I try to avoid liquids. This is what I usually take with me
Base: Studio Fix powder and Studio Finish concealer
Cheeks: The holiday blush compact from last year
Eyes: Painterly paint pot, eye pencil (black), brow pencil, mascara, self made quad incl 1 highlighter, 1 neutral shade for day time look and 2 shades for the evening look
Lips: 1 neutral and 1 bright lipstick
10 products in total for day and evening looks.

SUMM3RxBABii

I usually just bring my daily look makeup...foundation, fluidliner, concealer, brushes, blush, black eyeshadow and lipglosses but depends on how long the trip is... I would bring a few items along just to mess around if I have time
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

I just packed makeup for a 10-day getaway actually. I packed:

- Compact foundation (MUFE Duo Mat)
- a custom made MAC quad (Blanc Type, All that Glitters, Humid and Expensive Pink)
- NYX black e/s
- Blankety l/s
- Nars Damned l/s
- Nars Risky Business l/s
- Nars Deep Throat blush
- Nars Laguana bronzer
- Smashbox liquid liner in black
- Painterly p/p and Below Ground GPS
- CG Lashblast mascara
- a few brushes
- q-tipes, tweezer and cotton pads

xxMiSsMaKeUpxx

- cleanser, toner, moisturizer, lip balm for my skincare
- blacktrack fluidline, diorshow mascara, ruby woo lipstick, clear gloss and just a cheapo bronzer/blush. I hate carrying too much of my good makeup with me because people like to steal from my suitcases >.<

Senoj

foundation, eye liner, blush, 3 types of lipstick and/or lip glass, mascara, a lip liner that goes w/ every color, fix plus and a small eye palette. I never know exactly what color choices I want until I pack my clothes.