What do you think about Specktra's new look?

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn797
is there any way to have the start page be the forums, if you choose?

There is no option to turn it off, however what you can do is bookmark the forum page so that when you click the link you go automatically to the forums landing page.
smiles.gif

http://specktra.net/forum.php

Twinkle_Twinkle

I love the new layout and I appreciate that you put so much time and thought into updating the site. I find that it is easier to navigate through threads and to spot where you have posted, and which threads have new posts.

I was wondering if it were possible to get a search feature specifically for the Color Stories section of the webpage. I spend a lot of time there looking up shade descriptions for personal use, and it would be really conveinent if one could search for a product within that part of the site. Thank you!

Shawna

I love the new look, but I am finding that the site is really slow to load. I don't know if that is a new server issue or my computer, but I never had that problem with the old style. Otherwise, it's beautiful
smiles.gif

Janice

The loading issues are def server related. It's about time for us to upgrade or add another server, I've been looking into options.

Caderas

i don't like it at all [sniff]. i'm kinda tired of specktra changing it's looks every few months. i know its not everyday but i don't like trying to figure out how to navigate it everytime.

Shimmer

I'm sorry?
The previous version of specktra had been in use since before I joined the site early last year.
That's quite a LONG time really, to go without a facelift on ANY site.
And, if you like the previous version, you can certainly change back, though there will be limited useability of some features because, I think, of the way it's coded.

Janice

Specktra has had less than a handful of looks in three years. The last design was active for over a year before being updated with the current look.
smiles.gif

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
Thanks for the fixed width option, not hating the new look anymore,
it's actually kind of growing on me
smiles.gif

I agree 100% with this comment, haha
smiles.gif

jonik23

I think the new layout is elegant and as organized as ever. I do not post often , but just had to comment on this topic. Thanks!

flowerhead

I like it, the soft plums are much easier on the eyes. However, it looks a bit wider and I preferred it when the url when straight onto the forum..

eowyn797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
There is no option to turn it off, however what you can do is bookmark the forum page so that when you click the link you go automatically to the forums landing page.
smiles.gif

http://specktra.net/forum.php

thanks! see, i had done that before when the opening page of the site WAS the forums and i didn't even think to change my bookmarks...drrrrr. thank you! all better
smiles.gif

MarieLisa_Smile

omg! when i typed in specktra.net i wasn't sure i was on the right website..
i loveeeee the new everything hahaa... keep up the good work now i gotta see where everything is lol... don't worry imma find my way some how...
lmao.gif

MaySum

much as I love the new look - its too much for my poor old laptop to deal with, I've never seen it crash so many times! can only access specktra from work now - I am soooo gonna get fired! lol

blueangel1023

I personally like the new look. it's easy on my eyes, and since i haven't logged on as much, i thought i was on the wrong site at first! haha :p

VogueInfection

Woah, this new layout is messing me up.

I haven't been on here in a while, and it's definitly changed!

It looks nice though.