What has happened to my 187 brush?

monchr

So I´ve had this brush for a couple years but haven´t been using it as much as it looks like it has seperated and doesn´t do the same job as it did when I first got it. Compared to my 188, you can obviously tell there´s a difference and it´s not how it should be. I´ve cleaned it properly but it doesn´t help. Is this a defect or something I´ve caused myself?
I would have taken it back to the store if I had the receipt but unfortunately I don´t so I would like to hear others opinion first!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I've never seen a brush looking like that. I'd assume it's because of something you've used on it. What do you use for cleansing? I use MAC's brush cleanser as well as aleppo soap and mine look like new.

monchr

I've never seen a brush looking like that. I'd assume it's because of something you've used on it. What do you use for cleansing? I use MAC's brush cleanser as well as aleppo soap and mine look like new.
I use the MAC brush cleanser as well. I also use Sephora Makeup brush shampoo for deep cleanse and do it gently when I do.
Can I ask how you cleanse yours with the MAC brush cleanser?
It seems like there´s no way to fix it the way it should be no matter what method I use!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I use the MAC brush cleanser as well. I also use Sephora Makeup brush shampoo for deep cleanse and do it gently when I do.
Can I ask how you cleanse yours with the MAC brush cleanser?
It seems like there´s no way to fix it the way it should be no matter what method I use!
I always use the cleanser like a shampoo, I never spot clean (I only use my brushes on myself).
That's so strange. Maybe you could take it to a store/counter and see what they say.

User38

Use some dish cleanser.. or prell shampoo. It might have a big buildup of emollients in the base or adhering to hairs.. and rinse in HOT water. Then use the cleanser or a gentler product after you have really cleaned it.

at this point, nothing to lose, it looks like a dead animal.. lol

diaanz

Yikes! That does look strange.. If you figure out what happened do let us know..

allthingsglam

Wow this is strange did u rinse all the cleaner out the brush?i know sometimes it takes me a good 15 minutes to really rinse all the cleaner out the brush I hope u find out soon I have the marcel and wonders 187 one of my fave I hope it does not end up like this oneday

Medgal07

iagree.gif
I use baby shampoo and wash my brushes after each daily use---like your's Naydine, mine still appear new.

Medgal07

Use some dish cleanser.. or prell shampoo. It might have a big buildup of emollients in the base or adhering to hairs.. and rinse in HOT water. Then use the cleanser or a gentler product after you have really cleaned it.

at this point, nothing to lose, it looks like a dead animal.. lol
Oh HG
th_kiss.gif
I adore you. Now what dead animal might that be---never mind---don't answer that
girlhaha.gif

sureshedid

Looks like it just isn't thoroughly cleaned tbh. I would deep clean it by dipping it in MAC Cleanse Off Oil, smushing it around, rinsing, repeat until the Cleanse Off Oil doesn't get cloudy. Then after that I'd shampoo it with MAC Brush Cleanser and rinse it until it stops lathering up when I scrub it in my palm.

Wow.. Maybe use a solid soap to get it dry because as suggested above it maybe the oil which did that :/ But Idk.. Go to a MAC corner and see what they will tell you.

teespurple

Y
Wow.. Maybe use a solid soap to get it dry because as suggested above it maybe the oil which did that :/ But Idk.. Go to a MAC corner and see what they will tell you.
yes i would have someone at the Mac counter look at that. I've had my brushes for years and they have never done that.

CaseyC

I'd almost think that the natural hair may have napped and got tangled in the core of the brush either from application or cleansing but that is quite strange