What is MAC's finest milled powder?

Whitney Costner

I'd love to know, what is the MAC powder with the finest milled texture?

I'm currently using Blot Pressed (in Medium Dark), but I need to get one that's finer and more velvety, as it seems sort of coarse and very, very matte. I'm really trying to get away from my dried out look...lol!

And also, just to make sure, the fix+ spray helps give back a more dewy finish, right? And I could spray that over my powder?

I guess I'm just a bit confused, 'cuz I'm getting ready to need to re-stock on foundation & powder, and I have a feeling that I need to try something new.

I need extreme coverage, but I'd love a more dewy finish.

Any info about the texture of those MAC powders would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!!!

lianna

The finest milled powder is the Loose Blot Powder for sure, but if you're looking for heavier coverage you shouldn't rely on your powder to provide it because when you touch up with a heavier powder, your makeup will get more and more cakey so you should probably look for a heavier fdtn instead. Blot powders are meant to be pretty sheer as they're generally used for setting makeup.

You can also use your fix+ for a more dewy look
smiles.gif

maxcat

The blots are to soak up oil on your skin and knock down shine - and fall away from your face... that's why they feel a bit gritty. They don't have any coverage at all. The sheer pressed and loose pressed are quite velvety. You may like the Avant Gold mineralize skin finishes... they're matte and very soft.

as_cute_as_pie

isnt it answer to your question really lol but have you tried strobe cream under your founation that gives a glowy dewy finish
smiles.gif

MACGoddess

Any of the pressed powders are really not my favorite quite honestly. I will ALWAYS choose loose powders bc they are jet milled, and in this case the pressed and the loose blots are a HUGE difference in texture. You will LOVE the loose...

Also, if you think the blot powders are TOO matte, you can do one of two things (or both)... Either just spray some Fix+ on after the blot powder, or use the Sheer Loose Powder instead of the Blot. It isn't quite as oil absorbing and mattifying.

Whitney Costner

Thanks so much!

Sounds like I should switch to a loose one, then. And perhaps incorporate some strobe cream (which I've never tried yet) and/or fix+.

You've all been a great help...

wavey.gif

lara

If you're using full coverage foundation (that's what I read from 'extreme coverage'), don't bother with Strobe cream. Any iridesence you get from putting it on your skin is going to be cancelled out by the foundation caked over it.
Look more for a cream luminiser like Benefit's High Beam/Moon Beam - it's more suited to being worked over foundation than Strobe, which can react and seperate itself on some foundation bases.

If you just want to set your make-up and stay dewy looking, buy a loose transparent setting powder. If that's still too flat looking, mix a tablespoon of iridescent powder into it.