what's best foundation for dry skin?

I have dry skin and I sometimes get these dry patches and when I apply makeup. Can anyone recommend a good foundation and primer for dry skin.

NicoleL

Primers I haven't had any problems with are MUFE HD microperfecting primer in shades 0 and 4 and from the drugstore covergirl & olay simply ageless serum primer. Right now I prefer the MUFE, but we'll see how I feel when I run out of the 100 point perk size I got from sephora.

For foundation I do fine with MUFE HD and Lancome Teint Miracle. They work better for me in the summer, but If I add some moisturizer to them they do ok in the winter. Luckily the cold season is short in FL. On the drugstore side I can do covergirl queen 3 in 1 and Revlon Colorstay normal/dry but only in the summer. But you may not be as dry as me so they could be worth a try.

Once thing that did help me alot regardless of the foundation was when I started using a beauty blender sponge instead of a foundation brush especially when I have dry patches. Also I make sure to exfoliate once a week.

Hope this helps.

brittbby

Hourglass no.28 primer serum!!! It's fantastic. Incredibly pricey but I haven't loved anything as much, Ever! For my dry skin!! Hourglass illusion tinted moisturizer is gorgeous too!

Primers I haven't had any problems with are MUFE HD microperfecting primer in shades 0 and 4 and from the drugstore covergirl & olay simply ageless serum primer.  Right now I prefer the MUFE, but we'll see how I feel when I run out of the 100 point perk size I got from sephora. For foundation I do fine with MUFE HD and Lancome Teint Miracle.  They work better for me in the summer, but If I add some moisturizer to them they do ok in the winter.  Luckily the cold season is short in FL.  On the drugstore side I can do covergirl queen 3 in 1 and Revlon Colorstay normal/dry but only in the summer.  But you may not be as dry as me so they could be worth a try. Once thing that did help me alot regardless of the foundation was when I started using a beauty blender sponge instead of a foundation brush especially when I have dry patches.  Also I make sure to exfoliate once a week. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for those tips. I did get a beauty blender sponge and what I do is dampen it a little and then use it to apply my foundation. I also mix my foundation eith a little of my day cream and I apply a serum before hand which gave me a pretty good finish. But I do want to try the mufe

NicoleL

I just read about another Makeup forever foundation today. Its called MUFE liquid lift foundation and its supposed to be good for dry skin. I'm going to look into it, I hadn't heard of it before today.