Where can I find this hot dress/a dress similar to this?

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
Cobi: If it's common for girls to wear knee-length cocktail dresses to the event, I don't think this dress will seem inappropriate --- it might if, for example, everyone else were wearing floor-length dresses. But I think if the majority of dresses are short, this would be fine.

Besides, I think the whole point here is standing out
smiles.gif

I respectfully disagree; a micro-mini is very different than a knee-length cocktail dress. I have no doubt that such a dress will stand-out, but for the right reasons?

Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter.

Meisje

The OP has already weighed that out and made the decision. I think there is a big difference in how we are perceiving her posts.

When she's asking "Do you think this dress will stand out?" I'm not getting a sense of "Oh, no, will this dress make me stand out? Because I'm afraid I will." I'm hearing "Will this dress make me stand out? Because the other dresses are boring and hell yes, I want to be noticed!" I don't think she is fearing negative consequences, I think she's seeking a dress that IS a showstopper.

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I don't know any alternative answers for locating this dress, but the one thing I would say is that there will be a fine line between "really standing out" for the all the wrong reasons and the right reasons in such a super short dress at a formal. The other girls wear knee-length (or longer) dresses at these events because that is what is generally considered appropriate attire for a formal.

In general, for any formal that I've attended, from high school through adulthood, this style would not make you memorable for the right reasons.

Stand-out Sexy does not need to be Super Short. At most events I've attended, the REALLY stand-out girl/woman (in a good way) has been wearing a full-length (albeit fitted) dress and literally turns the heads of both men and woman.

The formal I am referring to is more of a "casual" formal, in my opinion, where most girls wear knee-length cocktail dresses as opposed to full length evening gowns...which is why I wanted my dress to I guess "stand out" more.

I personally became inspired by this dress when I saw a girl wearing a similar one to her prom - I don't know the exact name for dresses like this, but the front of the dress was pretty short, and she had a beautiful long train in the back.

Appreciate the opinion though!

luvsic

Quote:
The OP has already weighed that out and made the decision. I think there is a big difference in how we are perceiving her posts.

When she's asking "Do you think this dress will stand out?" I'm not getting a sense of "Oh, no, will this dress make me stand out? Because I'm afraid I will." I'm hearing "Will this dress make me stand out? Because the other dresses are boring and hell yes, I want to be noticed!" I don't think she is fearing negative consequences, I think she's seeking a dress that IS a showstopper.

You're dead on, Meisje! I am definitely not afraid of having a dress that makes me stand out...people can say what they want about clothes, but at the end of the day everyone has a different opinion of what they think is hot and not one will ever be complete fact. I think the dress I picked out was classy sexy, but others may easily think it looks trashy slutty.

I am actually now considering this dress to be my 21st b-day dress, cause I love it so much
smiles.gif
I need something show-stoppin for my special day.

luvsic

Quote:
Cobi: If it's common for girls to wear knee-length cocktail dresses to the event, I don't think this dress will seem inappropriate --- it might if, for example, everyone else were wearing floor-length dresses. But I think if the majority of dresses are short, this would be fine.

Besides, I think the whole point here is standing out
smiles.gif

luvsic, it's a very sexy, very revealing dress, but if you feel comfortable in something like that, then you should definitely wear it. You seem over the moon excited about it. If you can't find the exact dress, Junkie's suggestion is great (to get a seamstress to recreate it).

I would definitely keep the accessories at a minimum, though, because this dress is like one big accessory. I would recommend wearing your hair up in a smooth style like a chignon, and definitely some black non-shiny shoes. Maybe a statement ring. I find the chandelier earrings plus the shiny shoes on the Bebe girl too busy.

Also thanks for the opinions, girl! Like I said in my last post, I am thinking of changing this to my 21st birthday dress. I was originally going to buy some silver shoes for this, but I actually think your opinion of black shoes is much better now that I look at it.

I was torn about hair!! Part of me wanted to do what you said - a chignon - but the other part of me wanted sexy, loose waves. Do you think that could work too?

I think I'm going to be corny and wear a tiara on my day too XD...I don't have my ears pierced sadly, so I can't wear any earrings.

Meisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsic
I was torn about hair!! Part of me wanted to do what you said - a chignon - but the other part of me wanted sexy, loose waves. Do you think that could work too?

I think I'm going to be corny and wear a tiara on my day too XD...I don't have my ears pierced sadly, so I can't wear any earrings.

I definitely think waves could work
smiles.gif

Meisje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I don't get dressing like a mullet. o.0

Hehe. I never looked at it that way! I really like this shape, though. Although this dress is very modern, it's a vintage shape. Audrey Hepburn wears something with a similar silhouette (a bit longer, though) in Sabrina.

sabrina fair | Casey's Elegant Musings

One of my favorite bloggers, Casey Brown, did a remake of the dress for herself:

navy ball glamour | Casey's Elegant Musings

Shanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I don't get dressing like a mullet. o.0

I can totally justify dressing like a mullet in this case =P.

luvsic

Quote:
Hehe. I never looked at it that way! I really like this shape, though. Although this dress is very modern, it's a vintage shape. Audrey Hepburn wears something with a similar silhouette (a bit longer, though) in Sabrina.

sabrina fair | Casey's Elegant Musings

One of my favorite bloggers, Casey Brown, did a remake of the dress for herself:

navy ball glamour | Casey's Elegant Musings

Bahha, girl, you just get me. I actually think "mullet" dresses are unique and gorgeous. I think that people are extremely torn about this dress - some people really like it, and some people just think it's hideous.

I personally really like it. I guess it just matters what I think in this situation, you can't please 'em all.

luvsic

Stop The Presses

Everyone, the universe is telling me to buy that dress. WHY? Because there's only one left and I located it by calling headquarters (it's in a different state), and I am purchasing it tomorrow for 19.99 (marked down from 200!!!) because it's on clearance. 19 dollars and 99 cents!!

The only problem? It's an XXS!! There's no way I can squeeze my butt into that. Do you guys know if tailors can make things bigger? That would be tricky, especially with this dress, right? But I mean with this dress, I think it'd be crazy to not buy it. I am normally an XS but I think the mini dress part has a stretchy material so I might be able to do it...

Thoughts??

luvsic

Ok ok sorry to spam but I bought the dress! I just need to take it to a tailor to let the seams out cause it doesn't fit (it's an xxs and I can only fit into an xs.) But it looks beautiful!!
smiles.gif

If anyone knows if it's possible to let seams out to make a dress bigger, or how much it would cost?
I'll pay for it, it can't be more than 100 if I have to guess. The only problem is the silver sequin material would be hard to find if I want to add on more to it, but the black chiffon won't. I only need to go one size up, it ALMOST fits but the back just won't zip up completely
ssad.gif
*sniff* It won't fit around my rib cage...I don't even know if I can wear a bra with it.

Thanks to all who contributed to this post!!!

Meisje

Hopefully they'll be able to let it out a little, or come up with some other solution --- perhaps they can take a dart out of the part covered by the black chiffon!

sybs

Hi i know this is a long time ago but i wanted to sell this dress brand new and neber been worn its in a size medium please contact me back and let me kno thanks you