Where do I start...?? Please help.

Babycham

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site and so far i LOVE it, i can't believe i didn't discover it sooner.
I qualified in fashion and photographic make up 7 years ago. But have been busy making a family. I didn't really have the chance to work. Now my youngest is 2 I'm ready to start working but.....where do i start??? I have a very basic make up kit which is mostly my own personal make up really...(all mac of course) i have had the odd make up job where friends have recommended me and i always use my own make up. I can't really afford to go and buy a complete new kit..how do i start?

Did you start with a full professional kit or like me a few bits??
What do i do for lipstick...the few brides i've made up usually end up buying the whole lipstick from me so they can touch up..but some don't want to pay for a lipstick that has been used.
How would I get the right light to do the make up for it to look perfect in natural light??
Would every client need a trial? What if my client has a bad reaction from the make up i use?
Would I have to buy foundation in EVERY shade?
I am very confident applying eye make up, however i panic a little about the rest of the face (Not a good sign, is it?)
All tips and advice would be soooooooooooooooooooo appreciated. x

FacesbyNiki

Ok.. that's alot. lol

1- I didn't start out with a professional kit. I did bits and pieces honestly.

2- For bridal touch up kits, you can charge a separate fee for that. Include, lipstick, blotting sheets and a cute bag. Average in my area is $50. Never offer them to buy used lipsticks. That's a major no-no.

3- Try to do makeup by a window if possible.

4- Every bridal clients does need a trial. I feel, it's a way to save you time and hassle. You'll know the look before the wedding day and no surprises on the day of the wedding.

5- You do not need to buy foundation in every shade. Buy the Graftobian Warm palette that you can mix to get the perfect shade for your client.

6- The rest of the face is super easy verses the eyes. Just keep practicing. :)

Babycham

Wow Niki thank you so much for replying. I started to feel paranoid that no one replied due to my silly questions. I really appreciate you're reply thank u. I will look into this pallet you mentioned. I hope it's available in uk. Most of the calls i get ask for mac make up. So would I say that apart from the foundation everything else will be mac? Thanks for answering again, I went on a crazy make up shopping spree and my kit is filling up. I always tell clients I'm new and charge very little for now. Hopefully soon I can start charging full whack as I know my eye make up is pretty good :) everyone tells me I should charge correct prices.... Eeeeek here goes lol xxx