Which purple pigment should I choose?

ThePowderPuff

I am looking for a deep true purple pigment with a good amount of glitter in it. Not so much pearl as glitter if you know what I mean. I have violet but it just doesn't do it for me. I want a deep sparkling shade. If I'm making any sense
greengrin.gif

fallenang3l211

grape! Grape is one of my favorite pigments. Deep purple is too shimmery imo. Push the edge is another option? I have a long list of purple pigments, but I find myself reaching for Grape the most. HTH!

blazeno.8

I like Entremauve, but that was LE. Most of the glitter is subtle and will blend away though... the closest dupe for Entremauve is Push the Edge I've heard.

Makeup Emporium

You may want to look at the purple crushed metal pigment from the upcoming Spring Colour Collection. I know it's not coming until February but the colours look really nice.

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
You may want to look at the purple crushed metal pigment from the upcoming Spring Colour Collection. I know it's not coming until February but the colours look really nice.

Uh that I have to check out! Thanks a lot.

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium

OOOOH now I saw the pictures
shockt.gif
Have to get that, and the whole collection!!!

fallenang3l211

i don't think you can find entremauve in stores anymore. you may be able to find push the edge. grape is available in pro stores. i think push the edge has more glitter but its got a little bit of a blue-ish tone to it..not like duo-chrome but grape is more of a true purple. i'm sure you can find samples from people on specktra. i have samples of push the edge in my sale thread actually! pm me if you're interested.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
OOOOH now I saw the pictures
shockt.gif
Have to get that, and the whole collection!!!

I know...I LOVE it too!!
yes.gif

purrtykitty

Grape is almost an exact dupe of Entremauve (I have both). Otherwise, Deep Purple is gorgeous. It's a high-frost, super shimmery deep purple, and it's one of my faves.

lilibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
Will Push the edge, Grape or Entremauve have the most glitter?

Entremauve has just a tiny bit more glitter when you look at it in the jar but honestly all 3 looks pretty much identical on.

All 3 pigments in question from the Makeup Art Cosmetics collection thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

PTE is in the middle, not that it really matters.
ssad.gif

IMG_1714-1.jpg

Personally I find Deep Purple to be more of a purple-ish brown than actually purple.

bellaboomboom

I HATE my grape pigment. I am pretty sure I got it in a recent holiday set. I just find it so hard to use, and as someone else said, it makes me look like I got punched in the eye.

Has anyone mixed grape with another pigment to get a great color? Any suggestions?
smash.gif

martiangurll

I'd say push the edge, but if you are not firm on it being a MAC pigment, check out Fyrianne pigments (I am not affiliated or in any way profit from recommending them) but they have great pigments and I am sure they have deep purple with glitter (they probably have about 5-8 to choose from in that range)

HTH

Latest posts