yaaay! i got my Taylor Made Minerals samples today!

persephonewillo

i got 15 of them.

first impressions?

very very pretty... but MESSY. lol.

one of the lids jostled loose during shipping and now there is a fine layer of blue pigment on every jar in the bag. so i've been cleaning that up. and it's everywhere! however, the upside to having to clean it up... i can see that it's well pigmented! LOL

i can't wait to start playing with the colours i got. any tips/tricks/suggestions from those of you who use loose mineral shadows?

wolfsong

To use a good base will definitely aid you - MAC's paintsticks are wonderful for this. They're budge-proof and you can get one in ivory. I find mine apply better if i use a clean fingertip (i think the natural oils and heat from the finger makes it stay put and look brighter than if applied with a brush), or a sponge/cotton makeup applicator - brushing them on can be messy IMO.

Pure Luxe has a new loose eyeshadow base. Ive ordered a sample of this so i'll post a review when ive received it ($3 for a sample that lasts at least a month - this is with daily use apparently). The owner told me that it will be creamy and easy to blend pigments on, not like UDPP.

I would love to hear how you get on with the Taylormade ones - ive been wanting to order from them for awhile
smiles.gif

What colours did you get, if you dont mind me asking?

persephonewillo

thanks
smiles.gif
th_DANCE.gif

i did a search on YouTube and there's a user who does some looks using Taylor Made Minerals. she also uses a creamy base (the NYX jumbo pencils).

the colours i got (in no particular order):

deep purple
fiji beach
killer
eleanor
despair
bebe
slick
bishop
merryl
pistol
belfry
doris
disco
maggie
envy

MACATTAK

A good base is a must. I usually always wear my loose shadows wet, because they kind of seem muted in color if I don't. Always pat them on instead of sweeping them on, this will help with color & fallout. I have some Taylor Made mineral samples & they have some really pretty colors. NYX Jumbo pencils are very creamy and nice, but on me they crease without UDPP under them. Have fun
smiles.gif

persephonewillo

so, what i did today was apply UDPP. and then a light coat of Red Earth's eyeshadow primer (which really sucks on it's own for me). then i applied the TMM as suggested (patting it on rather than sweeping them on).

and it stayed on pretty nicely all day. a little creasing, i think from the creaminess of the Red Earth base. but nothing major. and not nearly as bad as when i wear Red Earth's base alone!

the colours of the TMM were pretty pigmented. i used Disco (an electric blue) and Deep Purple. the Disco stayed brighter and more vibrant than the Deep Purple for some reason
smiles.gif

now to decide what colours to try out tomorrow...
th_DANCE.gif

juxtapoz

Have fun I love TMM's i have ordered so many of them in the past coupl eof weeks! I use udpp or painterly underneath them, they are also gorgous when you foil the,. Envy and Plume are my faves! Enjoy!

wolfsong

Just ordered samples of the pigments and blushes - hopefully will buy f/s before the price increase (i feel bad about doing that, but my wallet doesnt
winks.gif
)
Does anyone have any reviews/opinions on the blushes and face products?
TIA

Dreamergirl3

I just checked them out. Apparently the jars they've been using are new and they've got mostly complaints so they're bringing back the old jars, so maybe those are less messy.

Now that you have the pigments, would you say the color swatches on the TM site are accurate? I've noticed the pics of the color individually are a bit different (mostly lighter or less intense) from the swatches.

I'm very interested in trying their foundations and few of their pigments
smiles.gif

wolfsong

I think thats just the way they apply them though. I think some have been applied thinly whist wet, which will look different then if patted dry over primer. Its like the pigment swatches on here differ due to application etc.