MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

Shars

Ashley Rudder swatched two of the palettes:

Cool Eye Compact:
Instagram

Warm Eye Compact:
Instagram

Her swatches look so much more pigmented that T's. I wonder how heavy she goes in because I don't remember MAC's Holiday Palettes being this pigmented.

cuttygurl

I'm nc25-30 and yum yum yum did not show up at aaaaall on my hand. It was really really bad. I went all in and dug in so hard at the tester with my finger and barely anything showed up. Sweet vision on the other hand is so pigmented. It looked like how I wanted Nars Orgasm blush to look like. I don't like Nars orgasam but I love sweet vision. Both face compacts were like heaven. I never seen the original WOG so I don't know if it's the same but I love it so much. I pre ordered sweet vision, and both face compacts as well as the red lipstick.

Icecaramellatte

Searched my stash to pull out Whisper of Gilt. I need to wear it this week and see if I will regret not getting the upcoming duo. Any recs for blush tones with it? warm tones? cool? I can't remember what I used to pair it with. I haven't used it in ages. I know it pulled a bit cooler than it looked in the pan on me. Pulled out Double Definition too. It doesn't look like I even touched the darker shade but it is so pretty. I definitely need to use this one this week too. The gold shade in it looks like Whisper of Gilt. Maybe I don't really need the duo. Whisper of Gilt does look gorgeous though. Actually all of the EDSF look really pretty in the pan. I keep gazing at all of them.

cuttygurl

IMG_8249.JPG Lipstick swatches and highlight swatches. The third one is both highlights mixed

Attachments

• IMG_8249.jpg
    IMG_8249.jpg
    784.3 KB · Views: 14

dcarrington

Ask and ye shall receive:

Instagram
Instagram

Credit to IG user glambykrenae.

Oooohhhh!! Thank you for this!!! I will definitely be picking both up. I would preorder with Macy's but I really want my select point to go up. I hope MAC will give early access to their select members. I will be going on a school trip that morning so hopefully they will launch while we are still on the school bus. Lol

Ashley Rudder swatched two of the palettes:

Cool Eye Compact:
Instagram

Warm Eye Compact:
Instagram

Her swatches look so much more pigmented that T's. I wonder how heavy she goes in because I don't remember MAC's Holiday Palettes being this pigmented.

Yes these do look really pigmented! And the lipsticks look like they're pigmented as well. Ugh. I may just have to reconsider adding to my list. Smh

DarylandCarole

I was at Nordie's this week swatching the Liptensity lippies and the SA showed me their bag of goodies for the holidays. Such cute packaging! The e/s palettes were very pretty and the Mineralize set looked very nice, too. Have to start saving money for this!

Shars

Oooohhhh!! Thank you for this!!! I will definitely be picking both up. I would preorder with Macy's but I really want my select point to go up. I hope MAC will give early access to their select members. I will be going on a school trip that morning so hopefully they will launch while we are still on the school bus. Lol

Yes these do look really pigmented! And the lipsticks look like they're pigmented as well. Ugh. I may just have to reconsider adding to my list. Smh

Pending feedback on how they swatch I might get both face compacts as well. I think I can dupe the Peach one though, so we'll see. I hope we get early access as well. I'm not about that Makeup Hunger Games life. lol.

filio

Yeey Temptalia review the copper set and this WOG is better (smoother and less dry to the touch) than the orginal! Stalking the site on release day!

montREALady

I agree. Most end up in my CCO too. I'm getter my the duos I know for a fact they will sell it first

I just swatched and did a pre-sale on the Copper at my Macy's. Swatches soon. The other one, the blush is too ashy for me and it's matte so it won't work but for an eye shadow maybe. The highlighter in that one is pretty though.

alle685

Anyone know of any WOC friendly swatches of Sweet Vision? I am trying to decide if I want it but I want to see how it swatches on dark skin.

leonah

I just swatched and did a pre-sale on the Copper at my Macy's. Swatches soon. The other one, the blush is too ashy for me and it's matte so it won't work but for an eye shadow maybe. The highlighter in that one is pretty though.

that's also one of the reasons as of why I wish they sold them all separately so one could choose which one(s)

montREALady

Anyone know of any WOC friendly swatches of Sweet Vision? I am trying to decide if I want it but I want to see how it swatches on dark skin.

I completely forgot about the blushes! Ugggh. I'll have to go back and I'll swatch since I want that one too. I'm NW45.

montREALady

The swatches are wack because I was in a rush and annoyed after swatching the ABH Ultimate Glow Kit. The highlighters swatched nicely. Pleasure Model in the lighting at Macy's I could barely see on my skintone without tilting my hand. It will make a nice natural blush. It kind of reminded me of the darker shade in the Nars Dual Intensity blush, Fervor. It was a tester so I found myself swiping and swiping and not much color getting on my skin. As you can see in my swatch! Dusk, forget it for me. Tutu is pretty but not worth me buying that one. Didn't think to take a pic of the compact but it's velvet.

1476735217230_wm.jpg
Same swatch, different pics. Outside in top, inside on bottom. NW45.

Bottom pic, full size. Indoors
20161017_152143_wm.jpg

Swatch video on my IG, link below.

Last edited:

Makeup Emporium

Looks like the 2 Face Kits and the Sweet Vision are going to be the sellouts. Maybe a couple of the lipsticks. The eyeshadows are pricey; $25.50 here in Canada (so almost $29 with our glorious 13% tax!). My guess is they will still be available to go on sale or to the CCO (plus warehouse sale here in Canada).

CCKK

Pre ordered from MAC store. Only doing palette s now. Sold out of Copper face palette but on waiting list for when they get more.

BrittLuvsMakeup

The swatches are wack because I was in a rush and annoyed after swatching the ABH Ultimate Glow Kit. The highlighters swatched nicely. Pleasure Model in the lighting at Macy's I could barely see on my skintone without tilting my hand. It will make a nice natural blush. It kind of reminded me of the darker shade in the Nars Dual Intensity blush, Fervor. It was a tester so I found myself swiping and swiping and not much color getting on my skin. As you can see in my swatch! Dusk, forget it for me. Tutu is pretty but not worth me buying that one. Didn't think to take a pic of the compact but it's velvet.

View attachment 57012
Same swatch, different pics. Outside in top, inside on bottom. NW45.

Bottom pic, full size. Indoors
View attachment 57013

Swatch video on my IG, link below.

I was on the fence about the Sweet Peach Face Compact but I think I may end up passing on it. The Dusk shade is not the type of pink that I typically like to wear as a blush and I'm not overly impressed with Tutu. I may just opt for getting two of the Copper Face Compacts should I choose not to get it but we'll see. Thank you for your swatches! You've been on a roll today! :)

Latest posts