An important message - please read!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: An important message - please read!

  1. #31
    Senior Member AkeshialuvsMAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boujoischic View Post
    I'm not sure how the Premium section is going to be beneficial when members can post the color collections and launch info in the free section for everyone to see even lurkers. They would in effect be paying for information others will already be receiving free right?
    I understand the logic but I 100% understand whay ur sayin. Y would someone pay for premium mem when the same info can and will be available. This is cliquey cause everyone cant afford too do it or actually want to do it. Idk how this would work...

  2. #32
    Senior Member AkeshialuvsMAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boujoischic View Post
    But the announcement says that information should be posted and shared freely on the site not just the Premium Mac Chat section. So the places of sale would also*be posted in the regular MAC Chat. The fact that the free MAC chat exist negates any benefits of having the Premium Chat.
    yesssssssss

  3. #33
    Senior Member AkeshialuvsMAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allthingsglam View Post
    I will get the 4 month one to start but I want to be platinum oneday lol I will support the site I love specktra I don't like change but if its best for the site in the long run
    what has persuaded u to get membership? Whats diff from the reg thread?

  4. #34
    Senior Member CrimsonQuill157's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for addressing this issue. I'm not sure how I feel about the MAC Chat Premium, but I suppose we shall see how it goes in time.

    As a relatively new member, I was discouraged when I saw the talk about PM'ing information about collections. I couldn't help but wonder, how do I get in on this? Is there a certain amount of time I will have to be active? Certain amount of posts? Knowing the right person? I'm in college, on winter break right now, but I know when the next semester comes around, I'm probably not going to be that active and I know there are other members who cannot contribute all the time as they would like to and the PM'ing just didn't seem like the right solution.
    NC10, Too Faced Born This Way in Snow, reddish brown/black hair, grey/blue eyes

  5. #35
    Senior Member NaomiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    25,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind doing a premium membership to help support the site because I love this site and the ladies on it and have actually been thinking about it for a few weeks. I do not know that doing it for the sole purpose of being in the premium MAC chat would be worth it though as it'd only really be exclusive if all the people with early info decided to pay and only posted over there, which in turn would kill the free chat and that is not something I think anyone really wants. I do get where the idea behind it is coming from though and give big kudos to Janice for addressing the issue and coming up with the idea. I just hope in the long run we can come up with something that helps people get the items they want with out having anyone feel excluded.
    #TEAMBUYALLTHEBALLS!

  6. #36
    Senior Member highheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    The PM's may not be a good idea, but at that moment on this site - it just happened. Someone came up with the idea & it went. Its not that a group of people set out to gather some private group or create some new format to this site - it just happened without thought that this would be some chaotic issue. I think most understand that if they have been reading the board for awhile. It was NOT a sinister plot to take over the site ..lol

    disclaimer - I do not approve of any of the verbal abuse toward any member - period!
    Be that as it may, you and some others don't seem to appreciate the *perception* you created with the PM system, which WAS exclusionary! I personally read posts in which newbies were most certainly eaten alive for having dared to ask about the 'code' or "system" or whatever - certain members assumed the worst about these people, that they must have had nefarious intentions to suddenly join on a launch day, and no one here is entitled to make such assumptions about others unless there is any evidence to support it. Likewise for people mentioning where/when they made a purchase, esp. on a launch day... people jumped down their throats for that too. Guess what? Anyone and everyone with an interest in cosmetics already knows where to buy the products - it's not classified or top secret information!
    We can't stop the Evil-bayers! I dislike them as much as anyone else, but withholding information and/or only providing it to certain people who are somehow deemed to be legit is childish and contrary to the spirit of the site, which is/was the free giving and sharing of information with like-mind people in a respectful manner. Instead there is an atmosphere of competition, exclusivity and judgment around here. Not everyone has the time time to "contribute" as much as some people on here, but there shouldn't be any adverse inference associated with that (I am a low post count member!) - there is a lot of talk about who is contributing what and how much - some of us just don't have the time, but it seems as though I have to defend my low post count now or else I'll be deemed a lurker/information thief. I have been a member for almost 7 years I believe and, frankly, I don't enjoy it here nearly as much as I used to, specifically because of the behaviour mentioned above. Things have definitely changed - it used to be fun - now I am simply too old for this constant drama. And it's really too bad, because beauty and makeup is still my passion but I may have to go elsewhere to fulfill it.

    Thank you, Janice, for trying to be the voice of reason, but unfortunately I believe the re-sellers/Evilbayers will simply purchase a Premium Membership to gain the information they are after.

  7. #37
    Senior Member AkeshialuvsMAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant lie I dont see the point in this premium mem. At all. The people that are primarily angry are individuals that are new to the site come in and blast information makin it extremely hard for people who have stayed up gotten inaide infor or whateva that have shared it. As a result the already limited quantities r even more limited and some have to resort to payin double or triple for said item. Mayb the pm system wasn't 100% great but it made room for some type of order. New people come on askin can I get a pm can I get a pm... ummm u can stalk the sites just like all of us do to get ur items. Yes the site is for knowledge and etc but help out contribute do some of the work so u can help out others as well. This is very discouraging. ..... I do understand this idea will serve as a deterance to the new people and even the ebay people who want to buy up all the stock but is it worth it? Would color stories and sightings only be allowed in the premium thread? If so,how would there be any moderation in preventin it from bein released in the reg thread? What will be discussed in the reg thread???? If its no color story no sightings? Please offer clarity.

  8. #38
    Senior Member purplemaren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand, the main value of the premium chat will be for people who don't wish to post the information "publicly." Instead, they can post it in the premium section where select people (not ones they've picked, like with a pm, but ones who have paid for the membership) can see it, and the rest of us can just go on posting like normal, sharing any information and swatches we have. Is this correct? If so, sounds fair to me. I've mostly moved on from MAC, because I get tired of the hype. I think that nobody should be forced to share their "insider info" with the general public, but I agree that using Specktra to create a PM network where only certain people share information goes against the mission of Specktra.

  9. #39
    Senior Member AutumnMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a new member, I am worried about the new pay-membership requirement/option for MAC info. This is just my opinion, but I think if there is a private MAC pay membership area that people discuss new collections, dates, swatches, etc., people who want to buy and then sell at a markup will gladly pay money to be there. But if the info is mainly shared there, then I feel pressured to buy a membership when I don't really have the extra cash to pay for it (it's not a high fee, but it is a fee for something I have been getting for free and is not in my budget).

    I disagree that you can just check the website to see when a new collection is coming out. With the RiRi stuff, and even the Black Friday lipstick, that really wasn't advertised, or it was at the last minute. I managed to get my Black Friday lipstick because I was reading the thread and was told it was up. I work during the week when most of this stuff goes up so I can't sit all day at my computer refreshing. I'm not even supposed to be shopping at work.

    So, in conclusion, I really hope we can all continue to post new collections, new swatches, and dates in the regular section. Maybe all this was really heightened by the RiRi stuff, and it might die back down as the collections go away from that. The real person to be angry at is MAC for pulling this low stock stuff and making everything crazy. If that was improved, there would be enough for everyone (or as close as we can get). I for one, am going to take this complaint to MAC and let them know how I feel. I know that not one person can really make too much of a difference, but I will feel better directing my frustration to someone who is causing this issue.

    I hope that I haven't stepped on anyone's toes, or said anything inappropriate. I love this site, and I love that I am making friends here. It has been amazing. Thank you all.
    Stepping outside she is free...

  10. #40
    Senior Member AkeshialuvsMAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonQuill157 View Post
    Thank you for addressing this issue. I'm not sure how I feel about the MAC Chat Premium, but I suppose we shall see how it goes in time. As a relatively new member, I was discouraged when I saw the talk about PM'ing information about collections. I couldn't help but wonder, how do I get in on this? Is there a certain amount of time I will have to be active? Certain amount of posts? Knowing the right person? I'm in college, on winter break right now, but I know when the next semester comes around, I'm probably not going to be that active and I know there are other members who cannot contribute all the time as they would like to and the PM'ing just didn't seem like the right solution.
    do u stalk sites just like the people that u expect to PM u? Or do u think u dont have to lose sleep and just come on get info and thats it? I dont think it's fair. Many of the ladies here have kids work school everyone is tired but how are u contributing? There are some people who would see that someone may wany something see it and purchase it from them. People would make sacrifices to help is it fair to b mad becauae someone wprked hard for the info not to have it just snatched away? We all r suppose to help one another not just jumpin in for info to then blast on the thread makin it hard. U can stalk too wake up early and go to stores just like all of us. Dont be discouraged u can do the same.

  11. #41
    Senior Member AkeshialuvsMAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AkeshialuvsMAC View Post
    I cant lie I dont see the point in this premium mem. At all. The people that are primarily angry are individuals that are new to the site come in and blast information makin it extremely hard for people who have stayed up gotten inaide infor or whateva that have shared it. As a result the already limited quantities r even more limited and some have to resort to payin double or triple for said item. Mayb the pm system wasn't 100% great but it made room for some type of order. New people come on askin can I get a pm can I get a pm... ummm u can stalk the sites just like all of us do to get ur items. Yes the site is for knowledge and etc but help out contribute do some of the work so u can help out others as well. This is very discouraging. ..... I do understand this idea will serve as a deterance to the new people and even the ebay people who want to buy up all the stock but is it worth it? Am I wrong? But spectra has a policy in place that you dont get accesd to the clearance bin until u reach a post minimum. It isnt wrong to that someone with 2 posts can receive all the info that someone wil 500 posts can receive Would color stories and sightings only be allowed in the premium thread? If so,how would there be any moderation in preventin it from bein released in the reg thread? What will be discussed in the reg thread???? If its no color story no sightings? Please offer clarity.

  12. #42
    Senior Member allthingsmakeup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say that I still believe info should be free of charge and available to everyone (new or elder member) without any kind of secretness.

  13. #43
    Senior Member CrimsonQuill157's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AkeshialuvsMAC View Post
    We all r suppose to help one another not just jumpin in for info to then blast on the thread makin it hard. U can stalk too wake up early and go to stores just like all of us. Dont be discouraged u can do the same.
    When did I say any of that? Where did I say I wasn't willing to contribute? I'm not just new to this site, I'm new to make up in general which means I'm new to the whole LE thing. If it's something I want bad enough, of course I'm willing to do all of those things.
    NC10, Too Faced Born This Way in Snow, reddish brown/black hair, grey/blue eyes

  14. #44
    Senior Member Monica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimmycakes View Post
    Hmm, I get what you're saying. Re-reading it, would this mean that only the brand MAC would be the subscriber forum?? I'm really curious. Janice where are thou?
    MAC isn't the only thing that can be discussed here, it's really for premium members to use as they wish. I think the reason that MAC was added in particular is down to the PM'ing about MAC launch details. Now theres a place to discuss those things in more private setting if you wish.
    Stay up to date with Specktra by following us on social media!

  15. #45
    Senior Member Monica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,
    I worked with Janice and the other staff on brainstorming solutions we could put in place to help with the underlying concerns behind the PM’ing issue. I have a few things I’d like to address from some comments made here.
    First and foremost, MAC Chat Premium is optional. It was intended to provide a place for those who want to share but are concerned about privacy. Premium memberships start as low as $15 for 4 months and go up to $100 for a lifetime membership. I truly believe there are options to fit everyone’s budget if you decide it’s worth it to you. We listened to the feedback provided by many regulars of the MAC chat forum in Richelle83’s poll. There were a lot of great ideas thrown out and this seemed to be the most popular and the most realistic to implement right away. It will be what you guys make of it, and I’d put my money on it thriving. However, if you don't "get the point" then it isn't for you and THAT'S OK.
    Of course I expect that both the public MAC Chat and the Premium MAC Chat will remain active. This isn’t a class war, the goal isn’t to divide you guys, it’s to give everyone more options on where they would like to post and congregate. Specktra has never and will never be about information “for a fee”.
    We did our best to try and find the best solution but we acknowledge that there is no 100% fix all. If the MAC Chat forum is made to be similar to the clearance bin by adding a post count to access, then some would probably say that the evilbayers will just spam until they hit the post count.
    Also, no one is more appreciative of you guys than Janice and the staff. You are what keeps the site moving, growing, and exciting. You are who generates the content and makes the community what it is. The intention behind this move is to bring the issue to light so we can talk about it in a constructive way, not to make you feel attacked or unappreciated. It would sadden me to see any of the veterans go, but the best interests of the community as a whole must be considered.
    So, many thanks to those who have expressed their support, and many thanks to those who care enough to express their opinion even if they don’t agree with ours. Your opinion is truly valued and if you have ideas that you think would work or improve the site, I encourage you to express them. I, as well as the other staff, am available to you via PM and there is a sub forum here that is dedicated to your feedback

    **Edited for corrections to premium membership pricing**
    Stay up to date with Specktra by following us on social media!

  16. #46
    Senior Member Monica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemaren View Post
    From what I understand, the main value of the premium chat will be for people who don't wish to post the information "publicly." Instead, they can post it in the premium section where select people (not ones they've picked, like with a pm, but ones who have paid for the membership) can see it, and the rest of us can just go on posting like normal, sharing any information and swatches we have. Is this correct? If so, sounds fair to me. I've mostly moved on from MAC, because I get tired of the hype. I think that nobody should be forced to share their "insider info" with the general public, but I agree that using Specktra to create a PM network where only certain people share information goes against the mission of Specktra.
    You are exactly right. If you want to use you can, if you don't want to use it you don't have to. Information can be shared ANYWHERE you wish. Specktra isn't becoming a "pay to play" site at all. I think that some people are jumping to conclusions before they truly understand the information.
    Stay up to date with Specktra by following us on social media!

  17. #47
    Senior Member Divinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice, I really want to thank you for your post. I joined specktra 6 or 7 years ago because of the community and the work that goes into supporting us as members. I haven't been on specktra as much as I have in years prior, but there has definitely been a change in the feel of the community. I am so glad you are addressing it here and doing it in such a way that supports the community. I really appreciate all you do that keeps specktra going and look forward to being more a part of it.

  18. #48
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    We can't stop the Evil-bayers! I dislike them as much as anyone else, but withholding information and/or only providing it to certain people who are somehow deemed to be legit is childish and contrary to the spirit of the site, which is/was the free giving and sharing of information with like-mind people in a respectful manner. Instead there is an atmosphere of competition, exclusivity and judgment around here. Not everyone has the time time to "contribute" as much as some people on here, but there shouldn't be any adverse inference associated with that (I am a low post count member!) - there is a lot of talk about who is contributing what and how much - some of us just don't have the time, but it seems as though I have to defend my low post count now or else I'll be deemed a lurker/information thief. I have been a member for almost 7 years I believe and, frankly, I don't enjoy it here nearly as much as I used to, specifically because of the behaviour mentioned above. Things have definitely changed - it used to be fun - now I am simply too old for this constant drama. And it's really too bad, because beauty and makeup is still my passion but I may have to go elsewhere to fulfill it.

    Thank you, Janice, for trying to be the voice of reason, but unfortunately I believe the re-sellers/Evilbayers will simply purchase a Premium Membership to gain the information they are after.
    WAIT A MINUTE...I NEVER created the PM system or any perception! Nor did I at ANY time say anything mean towards anyone - you are lumping me in with the whole thing & others posts! I was simple stating the actual facts of what happened. The whole thing is my fault because some happened to pm me!? I never started it.

    If you are going to falsely accuse me publicly, then you post right here where I did any abuse towards another!

    As far as having time....I have little too but I still have done everything I can .
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  19. #49
    Senior Member kimbunney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only joined 2 in a half years ago and it's a change in environment. I don't know when it became so negative to share information with others. Now we have to pm people to get info or wait for them to pm you. Well I don't want to do that. I missed out the other morning stuff was clearly online and I had to check every site and by the time I found it myself stuff was gone. I knew it was up because increase in post count but because no one wanted to publicly share the information I missed out. I'm not a evil ebay person, I'm buying one of each and its for me. I try to contribute when I can but honestly lately I don't post so much because its so negative around here. You can't ask a question without someone getting mad because an answer was written a few pages before. You can't post information to share without people getting angry. lol its like damn whats the point of the site now?

  20. #50
    Senior Member AkeshialuvsMAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonQuill157 View Post
    When did I say any of that? Where did I say I wasn't willing to contribute? I'm not just new to this site, I'm new to make up in general which means I'm new to the whole LE thing. If it's something I want bad enough, of course I'm willing to do all of those things.
    ok... well dont let others "discourage" u if its something u really want

  21. #51
    Senior Member ARmakeupjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbunney View Post
    I only joined 2 in a half years ago and it's a change in environment. I don't know when it became so negative to share information with others. Now we have to pm people to get info or wait for them to pm you. Well I don't want to do that. I missed out the other morning stuff was clearly online and I had to check every site and by the time I found it myself stuff was gone. I knew it was up because increase in post count but because no one wanted to publicly share the information I missed out. I'm not a evil ebay person, I'm buying one of each and its for me. I try to contribute when I can but honestly lately I don't post so much because its so negative around here. You can't ask a question without someone getting mad because an answer was written a few pages before. You can't post information to share without people getting angry. lol its like damn whats the point of the site now?
    I have never understood this but, it happens all the time! If you don't want to answer a question, then don't answer. No need for anyone to get upset because the same question has been asked and answered 12 pages ago. Sometimes, after being 20, 30, 100 pages behind, I just don't want to read every post. If you do, good but, it's not for everyone.

  22. #52
    Senior Member fabulousmoolah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I am really going to miss the way things were. I stalk the mac site and specktra at the same time when there's something new coming out. If mac chat is going to be a ghost town due to all the chat being taken to premium, I guess I'm going to have to look for some ladies' twitter accounts that might tweet out the info.

    When the "system" started I asked for the PM and got one even though I'm relatively new. It wasn't exclusionary.

  23. #53
    Senior Member misfitted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lipstick Hoarders Anonymous Headquarters
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very interested in seeing how the culture of Specktra will adjust with the addition of MAC Premium Chat. Here's what people seem to forget... there are MANY members on the site, but only very few have that "inside scoop" when it comes to MAC info. So truth be told, a good 95% of us are getting free info that these folks have chosen to share. And I am SURE that there are others that used to share, but have stopped due to the nonsense that has started to spread. Plus, we do not know all of the risks associated with these folks sharing this information publicly. In my opinion, it seems that some people are now worried that these folks will take their inside track information to the MAC Premium Chat section and now they won't have dibs on that early release information unless they pay for it. You can't really get upset if you are only a consumer of the information, and not providing it... Furthermore, it's Specktra.com, not MACchat.com. So if your only reason for being here is to join in on MAC Chat and get early release information (which MANY are but will never admit that), you have to make the decision about whether or not getting that "inside scoop" is worth your hard earned dollars or not. It seems pretty simple to me.

  24. #54
    Senior Member boujoischic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie View Post
    I have never understood this but, it happens all the time! *If you don't want to answer a question, then don't answer. *No need for anyone to get upset because the same question has been asked and answered 12 pages ago. *Sometimes, after being 20, 30, 100 pages behind, I just don't want to read every post. *If you do, good but, it's not for everyone.*
    So you're saying you don't want to have to read the threads like everyone else you feel entitled to be spoon fed information? Good luck with that.
    Visit my beauty blog http://boujoichic.blogspot.com

  25. #55
    Senior Member highheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    WAIT A MINUTE...I NEVER created the PM system or any perception! Nor did I at ANY time say anything mean towards anyone - you are lumping me in with the whole thing & others posts! I was simple stating the actual facts of what happened. The whole thing is my fault because some happened to pm me!? I never started it.

    If you are going to falsely accuse me publicly, then you post right here where I did any abuse towards another!
    Elegant, I have no idea whether you created the PM system or not - I don't know who did, nor do I care, it's irrelevant. But you are supporting/defending its use, thereby contributing to the overall perception that only certain members are entitled to "be in the know" about certain information around here. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

    I did not specifically say say that you personally said anything mean towards anyone else - I said "people" or "certain members" - I was speaking generally, in response to your post, but I can think of a few members who did attack newbies. But naming names doesn't solve anything.

    Look, all of this is my personal opinion, my take, and my impression of the site. I don't expect you or anyone else to agree. I originally came to this site to *learn* because I thought my makeup skills and creativity were very lacking and I was thrilled at the prospect of being among like-minded people and professionals from whom I could learn some useful tips and share our mutual passion for all things beauty- it was fun! But those days are long gone.

    As an aside, I have also offered to pick up items for other members since I work very close to a MAC store; I just don't state it publicly - has anyone ever considered that? So to anyone reading, my low post count (or anyone else's) should never be interpreted as "not contributing" or "not being involved" - I prefer to do my work behind the scenes, thus contributing in my own way. What's wrong with that? But seems as though unless you're an active member posting on here all day long, for some reason you're accused of either not contributing, or being here for the wrong reasons - there's a lot of gray area, people.

    Cheers.

  26. #56
    Senior Member ARmakeupjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boujoischic View Post
    So you're saying you don't want to have to read the threads like everyone else you feel entitled to be spoon fed information? Good luck with that.
    Not sure what your problem is or why you are aiming your nasty attitude at me but, I don't want to read tons of post about pets, TV shows, and all the other drama that keeps popping up. When I joined Specktra back in 07 it was all about talking about what we loved. It has changed and not for the good. It's crazy out here. I never came here for the 'spoon fed information' and still don't. I come to talk about what I love and I'm thankful everyday for the great MA I have.

  27. #57
    Senior Member misfitted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lipstick Hoarders Anonymous Headquarters
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote:Originally Posted by highheels

    *
    Elegant, I have*no idea whether you created the PM system or not - I don't know who did, nor do I care, it's irrelevant.* But you are supporting/defending its use, thereby contributing to the overall perception that only certain members are entitled to "be in the know" about certain information around here.* I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    *
    I did not specifically say say that you personally said anything mean towards anyone else - I said "people" or "certain members" - I was speaking generally, in response to your post,*but I can think of a few members who did attack newbies.* But naming names doesn't solve anything.
    *
    Look, all of this is my personal opinion, my take, and my impression of the site.* I don't expect you or anyone else to agree.* I originally came to this site to *learn* because I thought my*makeup skills and creativity were very lacking and I was thrilled at the prospect of being among like-minded people and professionals from whom I could learn some useful tips and share our mutual passion for all things beauty- it was fun!* But those days are long gone.
    *
    As an aside, I have also offered to pick up items for other members since I work very close to a MAC store; I just don't state it publicly - has anyone ever considered that?* So to anyone reading, my low post count (or anyone else's) should never be interpreted as "not contributing" or "not being involved" - I prefer to do my work behind the scenes, thus contributing in my own way. What's wrong with that?**But seems as though unless you're an active*member posting on here all day long, for some reason you're accused of either not contributing, or being here for the wrong reasons - there's a lot of gray area, people.
    *
    Cheers.



    Interesting point... "Contribution" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people, and I don't think it's fair for anyone to try and put a measure on that. As far as MAC Chat is concerned, I feel like some people consider making posts at all or simply talking about what they plan to purchase to be a contribution, while others feel that posting early release info, early swatches, etc. is a "real" contribution. I agree, there's a lot of gray area.

  28. #58
    Senior Member Monica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boujoischic View Post
    So you're saying you don't want to have to read the threads like everyone else you feel entitled to be spoon fed information? Good luck with that.
    Wow, I didn't interpret her comment as being asked to be spoon fed at all. I don't think it's horrible of someone to ask for a little help in catching up, and I would hope that someone would be kind enough to offer them a little help if they can. If that person isn't you, then all you have to do is keep reading, not respond with an insulting comment. Your comment exemplifies the negativity that they were bringing up in the first place.
    Stay up to date with Specktra by following us on social media!

  29. #59
    Senior Member boujoischic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonikaRose View Post
    Wow, I didn't interpret her comment as being asked to be spoon fed at all. I don't think it's horrible of someone to ask for a little help in catching up, and I would hope that someone would be kind enough to offer them a little help if they can. If that person isn't you, then all you have to do is keep reading, not respond with an insulting*comment.*Your comment exemplifies the negativity that they were bringing up in the first place.
    I wasn't being negative I was saying other members read through the threads because we enjoy them. Reading the threads responding and participating is what brings is closer as members but were being told people are cliquey? She saying she doesn't want to and feels upset if someone doesn't catch her up. I have helped other members and I'm well aware I don't have to but if you don't wanna read the threads why join.
    Visit my beauty blog http://boujoichic.blogspot.com

  30. #60
    Senior Member kimbunney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote:Originally Posted by boujoischic


    I wasn't being negative I was saying other members read through the threads because we enjoy them. Reading the threads responding and participating is what brings is closer as members but were being told people are cliquey? She saying she doesn't want to and feels upset if someone doesn't catch her up. I have helped other members and I'm well aware I don't have to but if you don't wanna read the threads why join.


    Spoonfeeding someone applies that they are acting like a baby about something, if I'm incorrect please let me know. I'm quite sure she is an adult woman and that comment is negative. If I am wrong let me know and please show me where that was positive and helpful by telling someone they need information spoonfeed to them because you feel they are too lazy to read 100+ pages.

Display all images
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •