Lucia Pica

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Lucia Pica

  1. #1
    Junior Member SugarRush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lucia Pica

    Hello!! It's been a long time.
    How do you feel about her work?

    I've been hating Chanel with this woman.
    I mean how many red nail polishes could we need in such a short time?

    Same brownish eyeshadows, they are just changing the shape to round.
    Same coral nail polishes.

    I honestly feel like she is stealing Peter Phillips tones, it's the same we have seen with him already, couldn't they change the tones a little bit at least? I feel they are relaunching the same colors different packages.
    I didn't get anything from Spring and that's to much for this beauty junkie!

    They need to get rid of Lucia asap.

    So sorry for the long rant, I just can't with these without discussing it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH I am not a fan so far either.
    MAC N/NC10-15

  3. #3
    Senior Member Icecaramellatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know yet. I will say I haven't bought much. I liked the Rouge collection and bought a few things and 2 quads I think from fall or was it holiday? I loved the Coco Code blush and 2 highlighters. I don't recall buying any lip products since she took over. I'm not interested in the spring collection either. I also don't like the new bottles of nail polish where the names aren't on the front. Seems minor but I it annoys me for some reason. There's hasn't been a collection where I wanted everything yet and I've had lots of those type of collections in the past. I'm waiting for Chanel to come out with something that no one has. They used to have the innovative products and colors. I hope that happens again. In the meantime, I'm fine with not having so many must have products, at least my wallet is fine with it.
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://www.instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/
    https://www.ebates.com/r/PINEA8?eeid=28187

  4. #4
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    9,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She needs to go away.

  5. #5
    Member CBradley76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like she is doing the best she can with Chanel. Chanel as a brand is not bold and adventurous with makeup. They always stay safe with their colors. She can't be bold because that is not Chanel's style. For example, the spring collection was all red and browns. When I saw that I thought she was trying to express color but can't and Chanel won't let her. Peter Phillips seems to be having a ball with Dior because Dior is all about color and boldness. We will see what else she does, but I agree with everyone, the collections are not that great.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pippilotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her first collection promised well, but since then it has been all downhill. I don't think it's her fault though. I think Chanel want to play it safe and only make what's selling. Then now and then they make a weird nail polish which gets a lot of press, and that's apparently enough to get the image of a "ground breaking" brand.

    I loved their colors in the 80's. I wonder who was in charge then.

  7. #7
    Senior Member peanut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Desert Southwest
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too loved the Rouge collection. What a great start! But since then, I think I bought Rose Violine lip crayon, Tweed Coralline blush, various n/p (really like the new formula!) and the new face oil. And I don't even know if the face oil is her doing or not. I'm more than willing to give her a chance, but she needs to knock something out of the ballpark and soon!

    By the way, was she responsible for Hyperfresh blush and Hyperblack e/l? I did like those.
    StudioTech NW20

  8. #8
    Senior Member lipstickaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    I too loved the Rouge collection. What a great start! But since then, I think I bought Rose Violine lip crayon, Tweed Coralline blush, various n/p (really like the new formula!) and the new face oil. And I don't even know if the face oil is her doing or not. I'm more than willing to give her a chance, but she needs to knock something out of the ballpark and soon!

    By the way, was she responsible for Hyperfresh blush and Hyperblack e/l? I did like those.
    I think so. I really liked hyperfresh blush too (and I love the new tweed blushes and highlighter from the most recent collex)

  9. #9
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    9,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do love chanel playing safe. Chanel can't be too faced mac or nars or urban decay... those brands are for crazy colors chanel is about subtle classy looking makeup.
    But since she came that disaster of red collection and her obsession with red is awful. I still buy a lot of chanel but mostly blushes or some permanent items that have nothing to do with her.

  10. Likes Winthrop44, boschicka, elegant-one liked this post
  11. #10
    Senior Member RockDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't bought Chanel in the last few collections, only the staples e.g. mascara.

  12. #11
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35,155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    I do love chanel playing safe. Chanel can't be too faced mac or nars or urban decay... those brands are for crazy colors chanel is about subtle classy looking makeup.
    But since she came that disaster of red collection and her obsession with red is awful. I still buy a lot of chanel but mostly blushes or some permanent items that have nothing to do with her.

    But...I have an obsession with red too I agree, Chanel has to keep it classic & I like that.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  13. #12
    Senior Member SlugPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CHANEL has become boring and I'm very glad for it, as I've decided to cut on them since they cut on their holiday collections in my country. I still looked for their collections for colour combos and promo pictures (and the ocasional too good to pass product), because while they stayed classic and work-safe, there was still always a twist which made it stand out. Not anymore, you've seen one and you've seen it all.

    It hides very well and tries to promote otherwise, which is odd. Just this week I saw a promo for the new eye products, and I was instantly interested with the weird blue. It turns out the only out of the norm colour is the that blue one.

  14. #13
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    9,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    But...I have an obsession with red too I agree, Chanel has to keep it classic & I like that.
    yes with lips but not lips+cheeks+eyes in the same collection

  15. #14
    Member CBradley76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlugPower View Post
    CHANEL has become boring and I'm very glad for it, as I've decided to cut on them since they cut on their holiday collections in my country. I still looked for their collections for colour combos and promo pictures (and the ocasional too good to pass product), because while they stayed classic and work-safe, there was still always a twist which made it stand out. Not anymore, you've seen one and you've seen it all.

    It hides very well and tries to promote otherwise, which is odd. Just this week I saw a promo for the new eye products, and I was instantly interested with the weird blue. It turns out the only out of the norm colour is the that blue one.
    I couldn't agree more! I thought she was to bring more color and boldness to Chanel but Chanel isn't a daring brand. They are too safe and the only way she can be bold is to present collections with reds or browns.

  16. #15
    Member brn2bfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chanel beauty is boring now. Peter Philips was so much better - his stuff was innovative but still wearable.

  17. Likes Winthrop44 liked this post
  18. #16
    Member CBradley76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am enjoying peter Phillips with Dior

  19. Thanks elegant-one, Pippilotta thanked for this post
    Likes lipstickaddict liked this post
  20. #17
    Senior Member Pippilotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, I'm not a fan of Peter Phillips either. The way he's "browning out" Dior makes me depressed.

  21. #18
    Senior Member Kaidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    PR
    Posts
    1,195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked her first collection, the all about red one. However, I've been unimpressed with everything after that. I understand that Chanel's makeup is meant to be classic and they have amazing staple items, but how many reds and corals can you keep churning out? It's been a bit boring ever since.

    I agree with everyone that mentioned that Peter Phillips was great for Chanel, you could see a mix of creativity, boldness, but also classic items that can be worn year round.
    ~Team pink x Team coral x Team blue x Team orange~

  22. Likes Winthrop44, Pippilotta liked this post
  23. #19
    Senior Member Winthrop44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strangely I loved Peter Phillips with Chanel, but haven't been over the moon at all with what he has done so far for Dior. Come back Peter, please!!!
    MAC N/NC10-15

  24. Likes Kaidan, Pippilotta liked this post
Display all images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •